The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, set maple neck with an ebony fretboard.
Individual switches for the pickups, push push coil tap on the volume knob and a switch that bypasses
all the other switches and tone pot and routes the humbucker directly to the output.
Very light guitar.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Very cool, from the era of the Charvel Gibson collaboration ( late 80's)... I haven't seen a Mach 2 in a long time. If memory serves me correctly they were known as a U2 for the first few years of production and then switched over to the Mach 2 for the last couple. The body is basswood , unlike the US 1 which was "Chromyte" or balsa wood core with maple caps. Great score!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Those FR's are a pain, the guitar looks like it goes well with big hair and spandex. I agree that this one would be hard to pass up on though. Just a very cool guitar. I like it a lot!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
There was one in black at A pawn shop near me last summer.

Wouldn't sell it to me. Made me very frustrated

One of the owners Buddies had already spoken for it. Still made me want to shoot him with a paintball gun

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Very cool, from the era of the Charvel Gibson collaboration ( late 80's)... I haven't seen a Mach 2 in a long time. If memory serves me correctly they were known as a U2 for the first few years of production and then switched over to the Mach 2 for the last couple. The body is basswood , unlike the US 1 which was "Chromyte" or balsa wood core with maple caps. Great score!
The US1, I almost bought one as a teen in a pawn shop but my mom said no! :(

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Definitely different. And it comes is red. Enjoy!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all for the kind words.
I have been prompted to do a little research and found out that the pickups are by Bill Lawrence.
I like the sound.
The single coils are very clear but also fat, not at all brittle or piercing.
The humbucker is a "high gainer" for sure, but the coil tap and individual switches give access to both
Strat and Tele sounds.
I'm not sure but I assume it is finished in nitro and it must have seen some seasonal changes in temperature
And humidity as the finish has many cracks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts