The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dug out a couple guitar magazines to flip through today, 1999 era
It was interesting flipping through the pages, looking at things i had forgotten about...
For instance:
- Infinity1 band merchadise order list, shirts/posters stuff like that obviously pre-internet
- ads to buy 10 cds for the price of 1
- line6 was riding the POD/Spider wave, and the ads mentioned lots of artists that probably look back and try to forget
- a kenny wayne sheppard interview for the album Live On- he used a Klon Syntar (sic)
My fav and last to note...
- an ad for 'Strings & Things in Memphis' with the one guy holding a Gibson Les Paul doubleneck...dot fret markers, almost looks more like a Special, but it definitely says Gibson on the headstock...

I looked on the net but don't see a LP style double neck that has ever been pictured...have any of you guys seen this rare bird?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Remember, when Gibson first introduced (what is now called) the SG, it was actually called a Les Paul. Till the man himself said "No way!"

But, if memory serves, Ace used a double LP. No??

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remember, when Gibson first introduced (what is now called) the SG, it was actually called a Les Paul. Till the man himself said "No way!"

But, if memory serves, Ace used a double LP. No??
I found a pcture of Ace using a burst SG double...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
between the mini-buckers, the tailpieces, and what i am now noticing are stars not dots...it is an odd duck...i wonder whose it was, and who has it now?

notice that it even has more fret access than an EDS-1275?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts