The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two archives of scanned magazines were recently brought to my attention. I tip my hat to the brave and diligent souls who scanned all the pages of their magazine collection.

This one has a surfeit of technical magazines, including all my favorite electronics, studio recording, and audio mags. Do yourself a favour and scroll through the list on the left very slowly and carefully.
THE HISTORY OF RADIO documented in thousands of PDF books and magazines

This archive is scanned copies of UK music magazines, some of which are wall-to-all product reviews, and some of which have construction articles and studio tips.
Magazine / Publication List

·
Premium Member
11,879 Posts
The internet can be a wonderful thing. Resources I couldn't imagine 2 decades ago.

The next time I've got a long drive in heavy traffic, I'll load this on my iPad and check it out. Seems to be the thing to do these days, no?

Reactions: jb welder

·
Premium Member
17,339 Posts
I enjoy reading about the history of medicine and the history of orthopaedic surgery in particular.
Ironically, I just found a site today and I'm downloading books at no cost that I could never justify buying.

One of the books, by the late Dr. Mercer Rang (Toronto) is available as a .pdf download. I met Dr. Rang in clinic, attended his presentations, read many of of his other publications and admire his contribution to paediatric orthopaedics very much.
The Story of Orthopaedics, 1e: Mercer Rang: 9780721671413: History: Amazon Canada

Similar to @mhammer , I am overwhelmed with the joy of having access to all this information.

This is the site...
History Of Medicine Texts Archives - Global HELP

IMO, Global Help is an amazing humanitarian "project".

·
Registered
24,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is SOOOO much that is available to us these days, but there is no replacement for a physical library, just as there is no on-line replacement for going to a farmer's market in the morning.

These pictures are inspiring. Sometimes the architecture is striking. But mostly, one is reminded how important it is to be reminded of how much is known and worth knowing.

Browsing the Stacks: A Photo Appreciation of Libraries

1 - 5 of 5 Posts