The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after all of this time here I think I have given my all and hopefully made some sort of impact in the good folks here ( well the bad folks can think what they want right ). So like my title I think it maybe time to take some time off from here.
The place has changed and its not always a bad thing but I think it has gotten caught up in the political section and has chased away a lot a great folks unintentionally. And I get it some folks just seem to have no boundaries nor any empathy for their fellow posters its easier to look for thing to disprove them and call the names then it is to show them a different way.
So for those of you who are still here I do hope one day they may find your post more rewarding and actually offer some great advice instead of divisive words that just separate us all especially today when we remember those who fought for Canadians to be together.
So good luck all and be a good health and good thoughts and remember that its better to give a helping hand or word then it is to attack and hurt.peace out brothers and sister forever yours.
Ship of Fools

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
So good luck all and be a good health and good thoughts and remember that its better to give a helping hand or word then it is to attack and hurt.peace out brothers and sister forever yours.
Ship of Fools
Thanks for all the good wishes. We will miss your forum presence and posts.
Take good care and stop by every now and then just to say "Hi".
A lot of time has flown by since we started here in 2007!

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
Well after all of this time here I think I have given my all and hopefully made some sort of impact in the good folks here
Ship of Fools
Yes, this place is changing and evolving. I'm sad to see you go, but I understand your reasons for hanging it up. Please drop around once in a while, let us know how you're doing and what's new. I guarantee you those posts will not go unread. We do care, and your presence will be missed.

·
Registered
24,377 Posts
Ship has been fighting a long and hard battle, requiring the sort of stamina many people will never have. Or maybe they will, when it's their turn. Sometimes disconsolate, but rarely, if ever, bitter or hostile. When I tell folks that Fred Rogers is one of my heroes, they sometimes look at me puzzled, and I reply that it takes tremendous courage to be gentle in the face of trials and tribulations and animosity. So here's to your own heroism, Ship. Find safe harbour, and if and when possible, come back to us with your sails full. Be well. Be happy. Be Ship.

Mark

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
I stayed away from the Political section like the plague, because I know myself,... well enough. And this is part of the reason I am still here. Political Discussion is just another name for Fight Club. Good look ship and hope you return soon

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
I just simply stay clear of that section. It seems to be the realm of the elderly Yank.........
You referring to me or cheezy .. lol

I don’t see a problem with the political forum at all in fact it’s more civil than many of the car boards I’ve been on.

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
I just simply stay clear of that section. It seems to be the realm of the elderly Yank. If you dont bother with it, its still the Canadian guitar forum........
YES.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Ship, I get it.

It may not be this site in particular.

It might be the nature of the internet.

I know I speak for many when I say I hope you find your way back here.

And for what it's worth, I now steer clear of the political forum and judiciously apply the ignore function. Those measures seem to have made things better for me here.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Sorry to see you go, I really am. Beyond that which divides us is a kinship in music which struggles to transcend.

Please look in once in a while.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Some people like to be heard - but not be argued with. Especially if it's a topic near to your heart. There's nothing evil about the Political Forum - you say what you want and others get to as well. It's still quite "Canadian-polite", but if you've got an exposed nerve (and I think I know what rubbed yours raw, Ship), then you're best to avoid it. i don't see the point in quitting the entire site - and broadcasting the fact - unless you're trying to make yet another statement.

In either case, it's your business. Stay well and come on back soon as I will miss your comments.

·
Registered
24,377 Posts
Received a PM from Ship. While I suppose he is not thrilled with the comportment of some folks in some parts of this forum, his departure (we hope not for long, and especially not for good) is principally due to a drastic change in his health, specifically the breathing part, making it hard for him to focus and type anything. He said that if I wanted to, I could let you folks know. I'm honoured that he let me do so. As much as we can misbehave here, when it comes to expressing political views, and sometimes opinions about anything, we come together and wish nothing but peace and the best of health for those who come here in the spirit of camaraderie.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts