The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just playing let it be and for the first time I got it! I was struggling to learn the chord changes and tonight it just clicked. I was playing in time and it seemed like it was effortless to change chords. I know it's only the rythm part on a song that is very easy for some of you but I'm still a beginner, this is a big step for me. Isn't it great when things just click?

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
Yeah, it is. I just wish it would happen more often for me.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
congratulations. Things just click for me too.. I'll be trying something forever, and all of a sudden i get it.. Sadly, I generally lose it the next time I try it. I need to practise more.
:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
It's an awesome feeling when something clicks. There are numerous plateaus (sp?) you will hit, then stumble over, and go for the next one. You should never stop learning on your guitar.

I was reading an article the other day, a roundtable of guitar manufacturers, one of them said, when he sees an old one of his guitars that is worn and beat up, "can you just imagine how much has been learned on that guitar?" Not how many gigs its seen, etc. but how much has been learned. I think that is an awesome explanation of what we are really doing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been playing for 2 1/2 years and this is the first time something has clicked for me. It feels great. It probable won't happen for another 2 1/2 years so I'll enjoy the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts