The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

FOR ADMIN...need "SOLD" prefix back

Tags
prefix sold
2K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  laristotle 
#1 ·
As the titles states/requests...Thanks

It is easier for the seller in that he/she can inform persons considering viewing the thread of the status of the sale/trade.

#13 ·
Leaving the sold item up until the buyer receives it is good form, imo. It gives them the chance to compare claims from the seller with the product when received, and should help resolve issues or misunderstandings.

Although it may be a storage issue, having historical sales data is never a bad thing, so there is a case for simply marking items "Sold" and leaving them on the server.

#19 ·
Most erase the asking price when sold anyway, so not that helpful.

There might've been a trade involved, or a deal struck,
but I've noticed that many eliminate the listing price even if the ad stays up after the sale.

I think that this topic has been discussed before and that it would be helpful if the selling price was left in the ads.

G
#21 ·
I delete after I've sold.
On here, I can understand leaving up ads for reference, like Reverb.com.
On kijiji though, ads can be confusing when they say 'sold'.
I get the impression that they're implying, 'you lost out, sucker!'.

#27 ·
I marked two threads of sales in process "SOLD" and they have both disappeared.

Are mods removing items as soon as an item sells? If so, I hope they will reconsider this. It is a bit unnerving as a seller that you lose all reference to the sale before the item is received and accepted by the buyer.

#28 ·
I marked two threads of sales in process "SOLD" and they have both disappeared.

Are mods removing items as soon as an item sells? If so, I hope they will reconsider this. It is a bit unnerving as a seller that you lose all reference to the sale before the item is received and accepted by the buyer.
I reported your post asking the mods to please read and comment. I am extremely disappointed in the mods for not participating in this thread.
I just reported my own post also...maybe we will hear from someone

#29 ·
Personally, I can't stand ads that are left up with "SOLD" on them. If it's sold, it's not for sale, so delete it.

#33 ·
I'll let Scott decide on that one. It doesnt look like there is consensus on the issue at all. Maybe a poll might sort it out. If the software doesnt do it automatically we can always appoint someone to clean things up...........

#37 ·
Only on here. I use Kijiji and it works great for me. The same problem with "sold" on the ad exists there. Thankfully, Kijiji takes them down quickly.

#40 ·
We went through all this a while back. The system can only automate certain things. The code is limited and I am not a coder. When we had the "sold" option it was good and bad... it was nice to have a record of the sale but that left me with having to go in and physically moving those threads into the proper forum. They can't be left in the active forum because you would end up with a thousand pages and have to sift through whats active and whats sold. You guys only see the active threads. I see them all. When someone deletes an ad its stays there for me. I still have to go into them on a regular basis and purge them out of the system. The only way you could really do the "sold" tag is to leave them there permanently. Not sure everyone would dig that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.