The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the titles states/requests...Thanks

It is easier for the seller in that he/she can inform persons considering viewing the thread of the status of the sale/trade.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,194 Posts
You can delete the ad once items are sold.

Reactions: davetcan

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,194 Posts
How can you brag about a sale if you delete it right away?
I didn't know selling was for bragging rights, here I've been doing it for the money. Doh!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
On a more serious note, leaving the ad a little while helps inform those who were interested but didn't end up being the new owner, that it's gone.

It's frustrating to search for an ad that you just can't find...

·
Premium Member
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a more serious note, leaving the ad a little while helps inform those who were interested but didn't end up being the new owner, that it's gone.

It's frustrating to search for an ad that you just can't find...
OR...to open up the thread only to find that the item has been sold...

·
Registered
14,072 Posts
When (is he/she)/are they returning?
Does anyone know who the new admin is? If so get them to bring back the delete function on posts too so you can be sure the post is gone, not just hoping what you've typed gets deleted if you backspace or something like that.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Leaving the sold item up until the buyer receives it is good form, imo. It gives them the chance to compare claims from the seller with the product when received, and should help resolve issues or misunderstandings.

Although it may be a storage issue, having historical sales data is never a bad thing, so there is a case for simply marking items "Sold" and leaving them on the server.

·
Premium Member
4,471 Posts
Leaving the sold item up until the buyer receives it is good form, imo. It gives them the chance to compare claims from the seller with the product when received, and should help resolve issues or misunderstandings.

Although it may be a storage issue, having historical sales data is never a bad thing, so there is a case for simply marking items "Sold" and leaving them on the server.
I agree about letting the post up for a while. Its good to know who has the guitar and when can we expect to buy it back .LOL

·
Premium Member
3,210 Posts
But then there is no record of the sale or the ask/selling price (people who del that when sold shouldn't - that is such a helpful record).

·
Premium Member
3,210 Posts
But then there is no record of the sale or the ask/selling price (people who del that when sold shouldn't - that is such a helpful record).

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Most erase the asking price when sold anyway, so not that helpful.

There might've been a trade involved, or a deal struck,
but I've noticed that many eliminate the listing price even if the ad stays up after the sale.

I think that this topic has been discussed before and that it would be helpful if the selling price was left in the ads.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts