The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I'd find this useful or not--but it is kind of cool, and the GAS in me wants to get one--just for the novelty.

folding guitar

I've seen folding guitars before but the way this one deals with the strings is new to me--the other ones would require more work in that department.

The fact that it's US$3370 will deter me from buying one though.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Cool... looks like a slick implementation of a space-saving concept. Wonder what it does to the tonal qualities of the guitar... I'm thinking resonance has to be taking a hit, but depending on how close the tolerances are it might sound pretty decent.

Alas, when it's in its folded up, storage-ready phase, it just looks kinda sad to me... like a new guitar that's just met with a bizarre accident.

·
Premium Member
16,576 Posts
Well it's an interesting concept, but as I have always managed to get a full sized electric in a suitable gig bag into the overhead conmpartments of the planes, the $3k price tag makes it a non starter for me.

I wouldn't even pay that much for a non folding instrument.

·
Premium Member
16,576 Posts
+1.

Unless I get rich $1000 is the most I"ll ever pay for an instrument.

On this we agree. The only exception would be a hand made custom. I pay between $500 and $800 for most of my working instruments and often soak a few bucks extra and some sweat equity into them, but there's no way I would pay $2000 ~ $4000 for a production guitar.

I don't care how rich I become. For me it's a matter of common sense.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have never paid more than $200 for a guitar (thats because I'm cheap and still can't play for crap:eek:), if I am going to spend that much on one it better be able to play itself!!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Seems more like a novelty instrument... Looks pretty though.

Really no market for big bands and artists using these.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, now the question is how much would you pay for it?

I'm not sure.
None of my guitars were that expensive.
Maybe $370 or so?
I'd have to be able to try it out first.

So it's not in my future, but that's okay--still it's a cool idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts