The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Alex. A lot of bugs were going around in January. Right now I didn't notice, but could be because of this warm weather...
Wish you quick and complete recovery!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Hang in there it will get worse, I'm on my 3rd go round. Apparently there are two separate flu bugs bugging some of us this year. They seem to follow each other around making many peoples lives miserable.
B#(*

·
Premium Member
26,341 Posts
Don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but it's been ages since I've been sick, and folks around me are dropping like flies and hoarking like cats coughing up hairballs. I get my flu shot, but that can't be it, since the coworkers aren't down with the flu. I ride the commuter bus so I'm regularly exposed to whatever others have. Must be because I don't have kids at home anymore. Whatever it is, if I could share it, I most certainly would.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I had a fever last weekend and when the fever broke, my throat broke as well, broke into a terrible sore affair. I lost my voice Monday and it really hasn't come back that strong yet. My kids gave it to me. They were sick the week before. I usually miss all this stuff but was suffering from a canker sore in the back of my throat for the 2 weeks previous to this, so my immune system was suppressed in the first place.

·
Premium Member
18,334 Posts
I think pretty much everyone on this tour has had a cold/flu bug. Its not just you. Im recovering from cough and congestion myself.

·
Premium Member
11,563 Posts
I was down and out for a week and a bit, very unusual for me. Just recovered this week. Normally I get a light cold for a few days and rarely miss work, but this one eventually sent me to emerg with fears of pneumonia. I hate taking drugs for anything but consented to prednisone and tamiflu in utter desperation. Seriously have the enlightened feeling that I now understand how people die from this.

Lots of lesson cancellations, the schools must be cesspools of flu.

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Sorry to hear that Alex. Its been going on around here also.The kids ,grand kids all have had it at least twice. So far in our home, no one,(touch wood)
Hope you get better soon.

·
Premium Member
8,677 Posts
Has anything in your routine changed? I know that once my son started karate, he was getting sicker due to the added exposure to contaminated surfaces (the primary suspect).

I have forcefully developed habits that essentially prevent transmission via public surfaces; ex. I push open doors with my fist, or pull them open with my ring finger, key interac pads with the same ring finger (the finger I'm less likely to stick in my mouth or eye).

This combined with a few supplements I take daily (1Tb coconut oil - for the lauric acid, 1000mg krill oil, 500mg enteric coated garlic pills) has me feeling pretty damn good. Vitamin D is also huge - I take 4000UI/day. The amount of microbiological processes that need D is staggering and there's no way the typical doctor recommended dosage is enough.

When I take a multivitamin, my urine glows. When I take the above, my urine is clear, because it's all getting used.

This lady is brilliant and is the source of my info. Her credentials make your average doctor look like a kid from the 'special' class.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anything in your routine changed? I know that once my son started karate, he was getting sicker due to the added exposure to contaminated surfaces (the primary suspect).

I have forcefully developed habits that essentially prevent transmission via public surfaces; ex. I push open doors with my fist, or pull them open with my ring finger, key interac pads with the same ring finger (the finger I'm less likely to stick in my mouth or eye).

This combined with a few supplements I take daily (1Tb coconut oil - for the lauric acid, 1000mg krill oil, 500mg enteric coated garlic pills) has me feeling pretty damn good. Vitamin D is also huge - I take 4000UI/day. The amount of microbiological processes that need D is staggering and there's no way the typical doctor recommended dosage is enough.

When I take a multivitamin, my urine glows. When I take the above, my urine is clear, because it's all getting used.

This lady is brilliant and is the source of my info. Her credentials make your average doctor look like a kid from the 'special' class.

I've lost weight (on purpose) and more active on the health and exercise front. Due to my travels, I usually get the flu shot and looking back, the last one was in March of last year. I'll take a look at the video later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts