The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the news and i feel for all the people who have there homes flooded all over Canada. Here in Gatineau, its the worst we have seen since 1974 and today will be quite a challenge since they are calling for over 50mm of the wet stuff.

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
Lake Ontario is already 16" higher then it has been for 20 years.

·
Premium Member
16,621 Posts
We're expecting 40-80mm from thurs-sat. I can attest that it's a constant wetness, just got back from our pup walk. My fresh socks aren't.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
I wonder if another person with more money than brains will trash their Porsche trying to get through a flooded underpass again.... or the DVP, the bottom of which is pretty much one big ass underpass.

Seriously GTA folks, stay the hell away from the DVP south of, say, Don Mills this evening rush hour. Not worth it. All of the North-Central 416/905 drains into there .

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I wonder if another person with more money than brains will trash their Porsche trying to get through a flooded underpass again.... or the DVP, the bottom of which is pretty much one big ass underpass.

Seriously GTA folks, stay the hell away from the DVP south of, say, Don Mills this evening rush hour. Not worth it. All of the North-Central 416/905 drains into there .
I passed a waterlocked Dodge 2500 pickup in a flood in Truro, NS. I was in a lowered Civic. He was embarrassed. I wish I had a picture of it. I opened the hood, loosened the clamp on my intake tube and pointed it straight in the air to act as a snorkel. Put my ball cap over the intake filter to keep the rain out and cruised right through.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I feel bad for the people along the Ottawa an Madawaska rivers. I don't think many people have an appreciation of just how much flow the Ottawa river has nor how massive its watershed is so when we get a particularly wet spring like this, there is so much water draining into it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Its the highest its been here as well since the early 70's. My buddy lives on the water and its in his livingroom. Its actually gotten a lot higher in the last week. 2 weeks ago, it was just coming in his backyard. Now its in his house.
Ducks don't care.

ducks one.jpg
ducks2.jpg

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I expect a lot of flood damage in NB with the impending forecast
Aren't you glad you're in Halifax? It looks like rain here for the next 7 days with 75-100+ mm for us tomorrow. I'm glad I live in the high part of town.

We're looking at between 70 and 100 mm between tonight and Friday. With up to 50 of that coming overnight tomorrow. So much water they had to cancel a fishing derby.
Well, you wouldn't want the fish to drown now, would you?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Aren't you glad you're in Halifax? It looks like rain here for the next 7 days with 75-100+ mm for us tomorrow. I'm glad I live in the high part of town.

Well, you wouldn't want the fish to drown now, would you?
Yep. My uncle is on low land in Geary. He's going to have to swin across the yard

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Yep. My uncle is on low land in Geary. He's going to have to swin across the yard
Yes, I know where that is. He is not too far from where I live. Fortunately, we are 10 miles from Grand Lake and about 15 from the St. John River where there will be most of the flooding. It's already over the road there in a few places. Some people can't get insurance any longer. The insurance companies paid them off years ago and told them that was it for insurance policies. I hope they make out okay.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts