The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a used Boss DD-3, it's in great condition and I'm really liking it but the switch is slightly noisy when I press the pedal. Any quick fix to clean it up and make the transitions nice and quiet??

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Is the noise there just when switching or all the time ? The switches are momentary and just act as a toggle with actual switching onboard. I have a switch for Boss kicking around if you need it and want to pay the shipping I could send it to you if that is your problem.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Paul, I play acoustic and don't know my pedal stuff all to well but I only get a single blip of static when I press the pedal on and off. Sometimes when I consciously step on it a little softer, it switches nice and cleanly but I can't always do that when I need it off/on fast. To be honest it wouldn't even bother me that much turning off but it's really annoying when you turn it on and get the static decaying with the delay.

Based on that if you think what you have would fix my issue, I'd be happy to pay shipping, thanks very much for the generous offer. -BJ

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Does the static sound happen when the effect is on or just at switching ? Have you tried a different patch cable? If it is just in the switching then it could be the switch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the static sound happen when the effect is on or just at switching ? Have you tried a different patch cable? If it is just in the switching then it could be the switch.
Only a single fshot of static at switching. I didn't switch cables but I know they are fine, they were perfect with my TU-2 before I got teh DD-3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts