The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making an GA acoustic with a 50' radiused top. How is it you fit the fretboard that overhangs the radiused top, since the bottom of the fretboard is flat, and the top has a slight curve to it?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Interesting question. I went to see my Godin 5th Avenue and as you can see on the image (fetched on the web), the neck joint touches only an inch or so of the top, the rest of the neck floating some half an inch over the top.
So I guess the neck joint is probably mosty attached to an inside block as on my former Epi Sheraton.
Résultats Google de recherche d'images correspondant à http://www.djangobooks.com/media/ecom/prodxl/godin-5th-avenue-kingpin-cognac-burst-side.jpg

Add on : I looked at Epi Sheraton images : the neck stops about and inch on the top...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify, I am not building an archtop guitar, but a steel string acoustic with an arch in its top. Thanks

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
My Godin 5th Avenue is an acoustic... Godin adds pickup(s) to make it an electric model.
Maybe you should throw a look at very old Martins which were in fact inspired by cello.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts