The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was really really cold.

Just as I made my way to shore, towing the fickle canoe, I realized my son's rod and reel where no longer in the canoe.

Back in up to my tits, feeling around with my feet...I found the rod........just about when my idiot buddy finally takes out his phone and gets a pic of me in the water.

·
Premium Member
11,553 Posts
It was really really cold.

Just as I made my way to shore, towing the fickle canoe, I realized my son's rod and reel where no longer in the canoe.

Back in up to my tits, feeling around with my feet...I found the rod........just about when my idiot buddy finally takes out his phone and gets a pic of me in the water.
yes I'm sure he was the one that looked like an idiot.
Post the pic :)

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
I once voluntarily went swimming in May. I will not do that again.
I once did it on Thanksgiving weekend. Buncha teenaged guys showing off, diving off the end of the dock and quickly swimming back. By my third dive I was pretty close to not being able to make it back; damn cold.

The whole time we were doing it we were being cheered on by one of the girls in our group. When I looked at her, she was wading around in the water up to her waist! Yeah, men are tougher than women.

·
Premium Member
18,596 Posts
I once voluntarily went swimming in May.

I will not do that again.
In high school, my drummer was walking on the ice to retrieve something (also on the ottawa). He fell through, laughter ensued. Im sure he hasnt forgotten either.

·
Premium Member
11,553 Posts
as we sold our cottage in the fall, this was the first April in over 10 years that I didn't have to get in the water to put in the docks...the joys (not) of a cottage on an island (docks are a necessity).
the wetsuit helps a bit,but its still pretty shocking at first, and your hands and anything else exposed are absolutely freezing. In my mind id always remind myself of what it mustve felt like when the Titanic went down...and that brings back the realization that I'm a pussy.

Reactions: Adcandour

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I once did it on Thanksgiving weekend. Buncha teenaged guys showing off, diving off the end of the dock and quickly swimming back. By my third dive I was pretty close to not being able to make it back; damn cold.

The whole time we were doing it we were being cheered on by one of the girls in our group. When I looked at her, she was wading around in the water up to her waist! Yeah, men are tougher than women.
All this talk of icy water is bringing to mind the Seinfeld Hamptons episode when George went swimming in the cold swimming pool and was observed afterwards in a state that severely undervalued the goods to his girlfriend at the time. I've never forgotten that description of "frightened turtle" and them asking Elaine if women knew about "shrinkage".

Reactions: boyscout

·
Registered
208 Posts
Since I live on a lake, it is mandatory in my house for all to have gone in the lake by may 2-4. Once, though, mid December, the neighbour’s 2 dogs went on the ice. Went thru and got stuck 20+ ft off shore. I went in chest deep with a shovel and broke the ice to clear a path. They got out but talk about COLD and max shrinkage!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts