The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to heading out to play Wednesday. Gotta love the sound and smells of springtime. To all my fellow golfers here, have a great season and get out there and enjoy the nice weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Well, At least we've had a few extra weeks to get our "fore" voices in good condition. Hit 'em straight and enjoy!

Reactions: marcos

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
8-O...
While living in Rimouski some years ago, as Rimouski was hosting the canadian junior major final hockey competitions, we were blessed to establish a new record, say earliest golf season opening : April 22nd ! I had the pleasure to play with two great guys from Guelph whom came to support their local team. The guys were surprised our season was just beginning and, we were shy not having made any golf promotion but you know how it is...
As a matter of fact, this record was ameliorated two years in a row. On one of these years, at the season opening brunch at the end of March, we went to the club without boots, staring at a great green course, regretting that our clubs were at home... We then sadly saw a whole foot of big snow cover the ground during the brunch ! :-(

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
8-O...
While living in Rimouski some years ago, as Rimouski was hosting the canadian junior major final hockey competitions, we were blessed to establish a new record, say earliest golf season opening : April 22nd ! I had the pleasure to play with two great guys from Guelph whom came to support their local team. The guys were aurprised our season was just beginning and, we were shy not having made any golf promotion but you know how it is...
As a matter of fact, this record was ameliorated two years in a row. On one of these years, at the season opening brunch at the end of March, we went to the club without boots, staring at a great green course, regretting that our clubs were at home... We then sadly saw a whole foot of big snow cover the ground during the brunch ! :-(
I hear ya. Its great to be able to get out early if you can but not always the case in Rimouski. Played up there ta the Bic golf club about 16 years ago. Great course with gorgeous views.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I hope to get out at least once. I can't teach my son on my front lawn anymore, so I'll probably spend more time at the range this year than actually golfing.

View attachment 195961
Cool. Nothing like spending time with your kids and hitting some balls. We are at the stage that we are trying to get our grand kids started. Enjoy your time together.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
8-O...
While living in Rimouski some years ago, as Rimouski was hosting the canadian junior major final hockey competitions, we were blessed to establish a new record, say earliest golf season opening : April 22nd ! I had the pleasure to play with two great guys from Guelph whom came to support their local team. The guys were surprised our season was just beginning and, we were shy not having made any golf promotion but you know how it is...
The Guelph guys are probably thinking of that opening date this year!

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,823 Posts
Bought my first "new" set of clubs ever last summer. Last set was bought used and played for 15 years. These should have me set for a while. I don't get gas for clubs like I do music gear. Except maybe drivers and putters. Lol.

Hopefully I'll get out more regularly this year, but I seem to be saying that about every one of hobbies these days. Can't wait until my son is old enough to join me for some of this stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought my first "new" set of clubs ever last summer. Last set was bought used and played for 15 years. These should have me set for a while. I don't get gas for clubs like I do music gear. Except maybe drivers and putters. Lol.

Hopefully I'll get out more regularly this year, but I seem to be saying that about every one of hobbies these days. Can't wait until my son is old enough to join me for some of this stuff.

Jonathan glad to hear that you are also a player. And yes, getting your son to go play with you is just a joy. We are very fortunate that our son plays (when he has time (2 kids).

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
I’ll be glad just to get out, not to mention get out early. I didn’t pick up my clubs once last year.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Which spells the end of the ski season.:(

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Lol. You mean "get injured for life season". At least for some of us.%h(*&
I have never seen anyone injured skiing; it's always falling or running into trees, falling off cliffs, bouncing off of moguls where they get injured. never skiing. When I busted my shoulder in three places it was a nanosecond after skiing. It was the slamming into the hard surface at 40 MPH that caused the breaking, not skiing.:D

Reactions: jbealsmusic

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
i'm assuming you didn't end up going...pretty wet today. where is open anyways? most still look yellow and soggy that i've seen

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm assuming you didn't end up going...pretty wet today. where is open anyways? most still look yellow and soggy that i've seen
Ya, its gonna be on the wet side for today also. Heading out to The Canadian tomorow.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Ya, its gonna be on the wet side for today also. Heading out to The Canadian tomorow.
I usually stick to the courses local to me, there's a couple hidden gems near richmond, west of ottawa.

If you ever get the chance, check out Renfrew Golf Course. It has the most beautifully imaginative course layout you'll see in the area. Nothing is flat, there are tower to island par 3's, it's just beautiful.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I usually stick to the courses local to me, there's a couple hidden gems near richmond, west of ottawa.

If you ever get the chance, check out Renfrew Golf Course. It has the most beautifully imaginative course layout you'll see in the area. Nothing is flat, there are tower to island par 3's, it's just beautiful.
Your right Mike, Renfrew is a great track, one of our favs. Been up there at least once a year with our son. Not an easy course by no means but fun as hell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts