The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing a coffeehouse. No singing, just me playing electric. Going to be playing lead over some jazz, blues and rock backing tracks. My gear will be my American Elite HSS, Apogee One interface/mixer, Boss Vol/Exp pedal, BIAS FX on the iPad and the AmpliFi 150.

I have better amps but the AmpliFi does BlueTooth from the iPhone for the backing tracks as well as having an instrument input. Saves me from having to take an amp and a Bluetooth speaker.

Been playing guitar about a year and half now, should be fun. Hope no one records me :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good for you! We wish you the best of luck and let us know how it went.

Reactions: 1SweetRide

·
Premium Member
25,103 Posts
One of the most exciting phrases in the English language is "And...one, two, three...". I get shivers just thinking about it. If I can tear myself away from my soldering station, I may try it too.

Thumbs up. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Break a leg ...................... but look after those fingers.

And remember to enjoy the moment. I have stickers on my pedalboards reminding me "I get to do this" (stolen from Jerry Cantrell) just so I know that I do this fun, not profit or fame. Live in the moment!

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Good luck with the gig!

So how did you come across this, did you pursue it or were you approached to do it?

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck with the gig!

So how did you come across this, did you pursue it or were you approached to do it?
My secretary’s sister owns the shop. I asked if they maybe wanted some live music. The answer was Hell Yes. Might be Hell No after this gig lol.

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
Good for you! We are sure it will be one sweet ride.

Reactions: jdto and 1SweetRide
1 - 20 of 54 Posts