The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this one a couple of days ago. I like the wide neck and small frets on the 2015s. Plays really nice now that I'm used to it, holds tune very well and the 40:1 locking tuners are a lot better than I was expecting. I was going to pass on this guitar but they knocked a lot off the price so I figured what the hell. Got it home and worked with it for a bit and now I'm really glad that I bought it.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the strings when I got it home; didn't have a problem just a bit strange at first.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can't go wrong with a firebird, I have a 2017 Firebird T that is fantastic, The only mod I've made to mine is a set of 63 vintage spec pickups from Q pickups (he sells on ebay) fantastic tones, correct specs including metal plates under the covers, and vintage winds (mine are 6.33K & 7.07K) pure Johnny Winter. She'll also do Allen Collins & Steve Clark with ease.

Current listing for Q pickups Firebird matched pair ($159 +P&P)
FIREBIRD Pickups SET 2pcs VINTAGE CORRECT Mini Humbucker Chrome Qpickups Gibson | eBay

heres mine pictured with little sister, the Epiphone Joe Bonamassa "Treasure" Firebird 1

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
If one of these came my way, I definitely wouldn't day no.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You bastid: 1) Fender strap on a Gibson 2) you scored a bird and I didn't.

Congrats, hope you enjoy her.
I noticed that too. A guitarist I play with uses a Fender strap on a Les Paul and it just looks odd to me. One night, I brought him a leather strap and had him use it, a big improvement. Pardon my OCD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts