The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
Since this is a canadian forum.. I thought I'd mention the canadian made strings "Fire Wire Strings". They're located in Windor, Ontario. I've been using their strings for the last little while and I am pretty happy with them.

They're price is good and to me, they seem to last longer and stay in tune very well.

www.firewirestrings.net

Support the canadian company :)

Cheers!

P.S. This is not a spam.. I am not connected to the company in any way. I am just a happy user trying to spread the word about it :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stratocaster said:
i dont know, i like elixers...cant they beat them?
I could tell you to be honest. I've been using the Firewire strings for a while and I like them. i could be different from person to person.

SCREEM said:
thanks for the link, I will give 'em a go, ouch on the price though.
Yeah.. I know the price is a bit higher then usual for strings. I personally like them alot.

Cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have tried fire wires and they're pretty good. But The strings I fell in love with and are using right now is DR's. They last a long time and don't lose tonal qualities at all. I use 10's and they're perfect for me. The string I hate the most is daddario. THey rust fast and don't last long. Exactly the opposite of DR's.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Fire Wires

I dont know.......12 bucks and change American for strings is bit much, even if they are Canadian.......especially if you have a few guitars. I order bulk from juststrings.com. Unless you are a rockstar, paying this much for strings is ridiculous. A lot of people dont know there are only a handful of string manufacturers and all the brand companies buy them bulk and repackage them.
I use Darco's which are made by C.F. Martin. At $2.86 american, you still save a lot even with exchange and duty.
Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.