The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
I think our skin is driest this time of year or maybe about a month ago after going through the winter.

I have had sore fingers but they never cracked. It must hurt though. I did crack my feet when I was playing a lot of badminton. I neglected to file off some the the callous and it got too thick and dry and I had cracks on both feet. I had a hard time walking it was so painful. The only cure was to get rid of most of the callous and rest them. I think the only thing you can do with your fingers, Lola, is rest them as many have advised.

Reactions: 13493
I have dry/dry-ish skin--and callouses.
But I never really need anything on them.
When I started to play more & get more serious on guitar I went through a period over a 2 or 3 years where I would develop callouses and then play and they would peel off onto more sensitive skin underneath--There were times my fingertips looked quite ripped up--but it didn't bother me--and eventually the skin adapted & I don't have that problem at all now

But everybody's skin is a bit different--and I know people who have much more sensitive skin than I do...

OMG don't use gorilla glue, foam glue is awful on skin and forms a lumpy, hard crust (unless its gorilla brand crazy glue, which does exist and would work fine). The gorilla crazy/histacryl glue is clear and comes in a bottle with a blue tip, the real gorilla "foam" glue is yellow and thick.

get some crazy glue, its cheap (dollar store) and works better on skin.
Crazy glue works so well on skin for a reason; it was developed by the military for battle field first aid... stuff your intestines back in, slap some crazy glue on the wound to hold it closed and hump you back to the aid station or medivac...

I use it on my fingers all the time if I have cuts and have to play...

Honestly ppl, it’s so difficult to give my fingers a rest. OCD is the nature of the beast and it’s hard to tame at times.
Just a little longer, Patience, little one.:)

Reactions: 13493
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.