The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of your seen these before? They’re to protect your finger tips. I can’t imagine even attempting to play with these or even try to get a great sound with them. It might take a period of adaption.

My fingertips are starting to shed, I guess it’s just a part of a cycle they go through. I have taken an emery board and tried to file them smooth! But some have cracked again.

I guess I should give my fingertips a day of rest.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Have any of your seen these before? They’re to protect your finger tips. I can’t imagine even attempting to play with these or even try to get a great sound with them. It might take a period of adaption.

My fingertips are starting to shed, I guess it’s just a part of a cycle they go through. I have taken an emery board and tried to file them smooth! But some have cracked again.

I guess I should give my fingertips a day of rest.
I can't even play with finger picks, let alone left hand condoms.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also tried the really tiny bandaids and they are a pain in the ass! The first bend or pull off and they’re toast.

Ah just thought of something. Crazy glue my cracked fingertips! That just may work.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
I also tried the really tiny bandaids and they are a pain in the ass! The first bend or pull off and they’re toast.

Ah just thought of something. Crazy glue my cracked fingertips! That just may work.
Ive heard of players gluing their fingers to their forearms and then ripping them off to gain an extra layer of skin on their fingertips.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive heard of players gluing their fingers to their forearms and then ripping them off to gain an extra layer of skin on their fingertips.
OMFG ouch! Well, that’s not happening.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Maybe we could add this to our pre playing routines and if it doesn't work on the fingertips, we probably have or will have a couple of other locations that might benefit..ah good ol' science.

[video]

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe we could add this to our pre playing routines and if it doesn't work on the fingertips, we probably have or will have a couple of other locations that might benefit..ah good ol' science.

[video]
That looks promising. Is it available yet?

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I used crazy glue when I cut the end of one of my fingers. If the calluses start to shred a bit, I file them and smooth them down so they don’t catch on the strings. I flip back and forth between acoustic and electric, so the calluses get pretty tough from the heavier acoustic strings.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used crazy glue when I cut the end of one of my fingers. If the calluses start to shred a bit, I file them and smooth them down so they don’t catch on the strings. I flip back and forth between acoustic and electric, so the calluses get pretty tough from the heavier acoustic strings.
I have one heck of a nasty crack on my middle finger, fretting hand. It’s shedded a couple of times in the past week or so but now it has become a deep fissure with a bit of blood.

I only have Gorilla glue. Going to try that. It will have to do.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I have one heck of a nasty crack on my middle finger, fretting hand. It’s shedded a couple of times in the past week or so but now it has become a deep fissure with a bit of blood.

I only have Gorilla glue. Going to try that. It will have to do.
OMG don't use gorilla glue, foam glue is awful on skin and forms a lumpy, hard crust (unless its gorilla brand crazy glue, which does exist and would work fine). The gorilla crazy/histacryl glue is clear and comes in a bottle with a blue tip, the real gorilla "foam" glue is yellow and thick.

get some crazy glue, its cheap (dollar store) and works better on skin.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OMG don't use gorilla glue, foam glue is awful on skin and forms a lumpy, hard crust (unless its gorilla brand crazy glue, which does exist and would work fine). The gorilla crazy/histacryl glue is clear and comes in a bottle with a blue tip, the real gorilla "foam" glue is yellow and thick.

get some crazy glue, its cheap (dollar store) and works better on skin.
It is the Gorilla crazy glue. It’s the gel kind though. I will check it out later today!

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
i have the driest hands on planet earth. it's documented that my hands are so dry, they drained the sahara sea. yet somehow i only experience the type of cracking you folks are talking about in the winter time. maybe what you folks really need is this:

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Seriously? Yikes, that sounds nasty. Oh, the price we pay for our art.

I just use moisturizer when necessary.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I had a buggered ring finger and tried one of those rubber accountant thimble things. Didn’t work. Let your finger heal properly otherwise you’ll be fighting it forever.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts