The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all I'll be in southern Ontario in late August early Sept visiting from Nova Scotia.looking to get some one on one instruction for blues acoustic guitar finger style Piedmont/Mississipi John Hurt/ anything in this type of style?
Not a beginner have played guitar for many years any recommendations I"ll be happy with a non pro teacher if
anyone out there can help not looking for freebee's can pay for lessons many thanks Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be driving my own car visiting Scarborough and Gowanstown /Listowal area have to be in Ottawa on 7th Sept to look after grandkids
for two weeks (not much free time then) thanks Dave

·
Premium Member
17,326 Posts
I'll be driving my own car visiting Scarborough and Gowanstown /Listowal area have to be in Ottawa on 7th Sept to look after grandkids
for two weeks (not much free time then) thanks Dave
What a coincidence! Listowel is my home town.

I think you would be able to find someone locally here in the Kitchener-Waterloo area for sure (about 30-45 minutes south). You might want to contact Folkway Music and Brickhouse Guitars to see if they know of anyone.

My friend @Hamstrung might know of someone as he knows many of the local musicians. Ironically, he is going on vacation to Halifax and might not have much time to respond to this.

If you don't have any luck finding someone, but would like to go to the local music stores (especially the two I mentioned above), I'd be happy to meet with you and take you to both of the stores. Send me a PM if you want to plan this.

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Can't say I know anyone for sure but you might want to look up Dan Walsh in the area. If he can't teach it he may well know who can.

Reactions: greco

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks for all the info/replies and Greco my friend in Gowanstown will be showing me around and I have had dealings with Folkways before
I'll get some DVD's teaching fingerstyle blues and woodshed this winter
Dave York

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Hamstrung Thanks for taking the time to respond and suggest a contact.
Many thanks for all info not much luck I guess I will get some DVD's teaching finger style guitar and do some wood shedding this winter.And Greco thanks for
your offer show me around my friend in Gowanstown will help me happy trails Dave York

1 - 10 of 10 Posts