The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold a Tyler Burning Water guitar about 8 years ago. My number 1 for 5 years and at the time, i was having forearm/wrist problems and equated it to the guitar which i renamed Burning Wrist(!)). It was one special guitar - every amp i threw at it, it would sound glorious. Friends that played it raved about it.

About 4 years ago contacted the new owner and asked if he would sell it back but he was happy with it. I rarely go on Ebay these days and was searching a couple guitars just now and then decided to do a search on James Tyler. Sure enough, there is my old guitar. Of course the price has almost doubled since i sold it. I've contacted the owner but it's going to be a long shot.

Anyone else lust after an old flame and rekindled the love?

Here is the guitar

James Tyler USA Burning Water Guitar

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I traded a nice candy apple red CS tele for a CS Strat a few years back. At some point, I decided that it would be nice to get the Tele back so contacted the guy. He had made it part of a candy apple red Fender collection mounted to the wall of his bedroom so wouldn't sell it back :)

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
I foolishly traded a 1917 Martin gut string 0-17 for a 1963 fender jaguar that I immediately doubled my money on. Nevertheless my dad bought it for me in creemore. Well long gone. I'd love to have that one back. Saw a picture of it at the Guitar Shop's guitar show about 1994-5. I even contacted the person who I thought owner it. No luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts