The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally had enough of this Facebook crap . I had to delete my account.i did start a new one but it’s mostly family and church friends. There is a couple of coworkers and close friends but yeah it was nice to come one and not see all the drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
There might be 20 people on mine and they don’t say much. I only use it to keep track of a few friends and to host pictures. You don’t have to get caught up with the drama.

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
I'm ready to delete too. Just waiting to hear back from some family member to whom I sent contact info then I am done.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I bought a new phone 2.5 years back I didn’t reinstall the app. Best think I ever did. NOw that my face is out of the book,I’m a normal Person. Really.
Lol people don’t know how to actually communicate any more because of Facebook and these stupid smart phones lol

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
“Hey, it’s me your friend from high school who never left home and thinks white spot is fancy. What’s up?? Anyways here’s a link to a racist article”

I have a lot of people unfollowed, but it takes 2 to tango. I doubt deleting from one source of arguments will be a cure-all.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Funny you should say this.

I've been really contemplating it for a while now, and I've been ready to do it tonight. The people in my life who are important have my contact information, and anyone who's important and doesn't, can easily get it. I was actually just talking to someone and making sure they have my number.

Regardless of what anyone says, you don't need to have facebook.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I think I'd miss it. I'm picky about who is on my friend list and the few pages I'm involved in are pretty civil for the most part. I use it for staying in touch will out of town friends, keeping track of different events (music venues, concerts, cultural events etc.), planning social events with friends and family to name a few. I also use Marketplace a lot (far more effective than Kijiji). I see far more drama on these types if forums than I do on Facebook but that's just my experience.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Lol people don’t know how to actually communicate any more because of Facebook and these stupid smart phones lol

I swear, people are losing their ability to read social cues from using their phones so much now.

My mother has health problems and I was helping her get to church a few weeks ago. I was helping her walk in when someone came running up to her and kept talking and talking about nothing. I was losing it...

Can they not see that's she's sick and can't stay up for that long? Let her sit down and then talk to her FFS.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
Close to shutting it down also. Every day i unfriend people who post freekin drama, negative crap. Life's too short.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I use Facebook extensively for family, friends, and business purposes, but I don't tolerate any bullshit. Privacy settings as tight as I'm allowed, and I hide/snooze/unfollow/delete whenever I'm pissed off at something/one. Pictures of your meals? No. Pets? Be careful. Racism and general intolerance? Get lost. Frankly, I don't encounter much drama because that's not characteristic of my friends and family.

The Twitter account is dormant for months at a time, I may have a linkedin account (I'm not actually sure), and I don't do Instagram.

I could easily live without all of it, like whenever I go up north.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
Thats funny but i cant see Facebook right now on my laptop. Anyone else having problems or is it my provider?

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
I use Facebook a lot but I don't tolerate any of the BS and drama. 3 options that I use when I get annoyed with people, first unfollow them, second, put them on restricted mode or block them. I use it for events like parties we are hosting, my bands shows.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
I use Facebook a lot but I don't tolerate any of the BS and drama. 3 options that I use when I get annoyed with people, first unfollow them, second, put them on restricted mode or block them. I use it for events like parties we are hosting, my bands shows.
Hey buddy, is your Facebook okey right now? Mine is down and cant get it to open up. Wonder if its just my provider?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts