The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a year of trying to put this thing together, 4 lead singer changes, 1 MIA drummer, 1 great new drummer, constantly changing practice spaces, learning new tunes, buying new equipment and drinking lotsa beer our band (The Spitfires) has our first gig coming up on May 26th. It,s a private party with 60 to 80 people expected. After that it could be the Ribfest in Gananoque Ont in June and then hopefully a couple of local bars in the summer. Feels good to finally be on our way. Oh and we are sounding damn good for a bunch of old farts. Doing some diverse stuff from The Who, Bowie, The Ramones, Bad Co, Hendrix, Dwight Yokam, Eagles, Skynyrd, Black Crowes, Stones, CCR etc....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Great news

Good to hear, Tarl! That sounds like the stuff I've played for fun with Jack and a few others from time to time. Let me know if you're gigging around town and I'll try to catch you.

BTW, what ever happened with that PA you ordered from LA Music - how'd it work out?

·
Registered
596 Posts
old = experienced

When I was young I used to go to bars a lot to see unknown bands. I'd usually see them setting up before the gig and I soon noticed that, typically, if the players were older guys and had ratty, beat up old gear, they sounded GREAT! If it was young guys with shiny new guitars and PA, I knew they were gonna SUCK! No matter how much they jump around on stage.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baconator said:
Good to hear, Tarl! That sounds like the stuff I've played for fun with Jack and a few others from time to time. Let me know if you're gigging around town and I'll try to catch you.

BTW, what ever happened with that PA you ordered from LA Music - how'd it work out?
Finally got the Peavey and it is great. Our old Traynor just had to go. At the very least we should be at The Ports sometime this summer.....,ll let you know.

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Good for you man !!!!! Old Farts ROCKKKKKKKK baby
Onwards and upwards. Good luck at the gig.
Pete

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
and for those of us that live way too far away, find someone with a good video camera.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts