The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this posted on another forum and I thought you all might like to check it out. Here's the URL: http://tinyurl.com/2stzj9 Make sure you click on the "See It In Action" link. :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
oh yeah...I saw a commercial of this on TV...wow...it's totally retarded...there's pretty much no point to it whatsoever, atleast Guitar Hero's fun and whatnot, these Power Tour things are pretty much like Fisher Price toys that make sounds when you press buttons, only difference is that it's shaped like a guitar...

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah I saw the commercial for these things to and on the commercials it says this thing will help you learn to play real guitar what a load of bs and it says the amp for this thing isn't included wtf? I don't think you need the amp to play this thing but come on they won't even give you the cheap little plastic amp for free.

Mothers if you see this don't buy it buy ur son a cheap acoustic and a couple lessons instead plz.

·
Registered
97 Posts
omfg this is the worst guitar game ever created. my brother just bought one and it dont see how this makes it feel like an authentic guitar, they even said in the commercial that you dont have to be a poser when u play this guitar. but i fact its pretty stupid itself

id rather play guitar freaks, or guitar hero than this cheap immitation

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
It's a children's toy so it is what it is . . .

The bigger problem is Gibson's continuing "branding" in which the brand name now takes precedence over the actual product. This is now the dominant business paradigm but I wonder if it will backfire on Gibson. Anyone bought a Gibson hard drive yet? :)

TG

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
yeah, their branding is getting as bad as Harley Davidson.

·
Registered
131 Posts
At the very least, the toy familiarizes children with the basic technique and terminology associated with playing the guitar. I don't see what's so wrong with that. Guitar hero doesn't even teach kids how to do taps, palm muting, or "bends" so in some ways this device could be a step above said video game. It also takes kids away from the television. And if a child enjoys the toy enough to become motivated in learning how to play a real guitar, more power to Tiger. Aside from all the marketing BS that's hovering around the product, I think it's a solid concept for a mere toy. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is off topic but at the begining of the commercial if you listen closely they are playing "breaking the law" by judas priest.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
It's just a toy... I agree with Cross, it might inspire little kids to want to play guitar.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
i thought it WAS guitar hero, but the thing i like about this one is - you actually go up the neck more then 4 "frets" - something i didnt like about guitar hero..

mind you, i'll be sticking with my 22/24 :p

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm kind of surprised by the first few reactions to this post. I just put it here because I thought somebody would get a smile or laugh from it and a few people did. Anyway, the thing that really struck me about this toy was the Gibson headstock and logo. I read that Gibson wants to become more of a "lifestyle" company and I guess this represents a closer step towards that. It makes me wonder what's next? :confused:

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
At the very least, the toy familiarizes children with the basic technique and terminology associated with playing the guitar. I don't see what's so wrong with that. Guitar hero doesn't even teach kids how to do taps, palm muting, or "bends" so in some ways this device could be a step above said video game. It also takes kids away from the television. And if a child enjoys the toy enough to become motivated in learning how to play a real guitar, more power to Tiger. Aside from all the marketing BS that's hovering around the product, I think it's a solid concept for a mere toy. Just my 2 cents.

true.
but for $40 more, you can buy a new epiphone les paul jr. for the child.

i'd say let the kids go straight to the real guitar.
you wouldn't buy your kid one of these

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2647262

just so they can learn basic driving skills and become motivated drivers. when they are ready, they'll learn with the real thing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts