The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shipping is now available...

Offering this head up separately from the matching cab (pictured). Custom ordered Clark Amplification Belmont Reverb Head. This one differs from Mike Clark's usual model (BF Fender Vibrolux Reverb) as follows:

1) It was built as a head instead of a combo (fairly obvious);
2) It has a Super Reverb-sized (i.e. BIG) 2-4-8 ohm multi-tap output transformer that is switchable;
3) The tone-robbing tremolo function was eliminated altogether in favour of a 3-knob reverb arrangement (Dwell, Mix, Tone);
4) The rectifier function is switchable between tube (5AR4) and Solid State.

For all intents and purposes then, this a Black Face Super Reverb head with a Normal and Reverb (6G15-type) channel. The sonic benefits of eliminating the trem channel are quite obvious, which explains why it was a preferred mod that Cesar Diaz made to SRV's BF amps. That change, coupled with the larger OT, simply gives this amp more authority than your typical BFVR/BFSR or derivative. The Belmont Reverb head is ~$4500 to obtain new from Clark Amplification but is available for less than 1/2 that @ $2150 shipped.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updated: Head and cab are now posted FS separately.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shipping now available...

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try one more bump here, with $150 off for pick up in Gan.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, as with the post on the matching cab for this, I lied...but in a good way. I'm adding once more to this post while also subtracting from the price in hopes that it'll move to another member here.The head is available to be picked up where I live for $1899.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I can only imagine how good this rig must sound. Steve is terrific to deal with. Whoever gets this is going to be extremely lucky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts