The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Few pics from yesterday @ the Richmond.

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  davetcan 
#1 ·
Enthusiastic crowd (pics were taken between songs during the "gab" session)

Mark (Lowtones) and Colin our drummer.

Me and Brian. (that's one of Lowtones guitars I'm playing.)

We got off to a nervous start but were cooking pretty good by the end.

See less See more
#6 ·
Axsis said:
Great pics Dave!
Sooooo.thats where my wife was Saturday Night!......hmmm??????........hahaha
Tell her I had nothing to do with taking the pics. Hate to ruin a good alibi :D

Actually it was the matinee session, 3:00 to 6:00, although we ended playing 2 encores until 6:30. I swear the audience was either tone deaf or just had very low standards. :food-smiley-004:

#7 ·
Looks like a full house..Nothing better that people that are into your music. I also noticed that it appears that there is no smoke it must be a whole different world.

#8 ·
Mr. David Severson said:
Looks like a full house..Nothing better that people that are into your music. I also noticed that it appears that there is no smoke it must be a whole different world.
I wouldn't be there if it was full of smoke. I grew up in a houseful of it (both parents and sister smoked) and I've had enough of that shit. I feel for the bar owners though. We attract our own crowd and some of them smoke but they have to run outside for a quick one. I'm really glad I never got hooked.

#9 ·
davetcan said:
Tell her I had nothing to do with taking the pics. Hate to ruin a good alibi :D

Actually it was the matinee session, 3:00 to 6:00, although we ended playing 2 encores until 6:30. I swear the audience was either tone deaf or just had very low standards. :food-smiley-004:

So how did the Busen sound? Did you get a chance to really open 'er up?

:rockon2:

#10 ·
Wild Bill said:
So how did the Busen sound? Did you get a chance to really open 'er up?

:rockon2:
Sounded fantastic. Open her up, err no. I'd have blown most of the crowd out of the room if I had. This is one loud amp, especially with humbucker equipped guitars for some reason. I was on around 3 or 4 all night. It starts to get quite creamy around 5 on the dial and doesn't get much louder from there to 10, just generates some really nice grind. We'll be playing outside this summer so I'll be able to open it up then.

#14 ·
davetcan said:
Sounded fantastic. Open her up, err no. I'd have blown most of the crowd out of the room if I had. This is one loud amp, especially with humbucker equipped guitars for some reason. I was on around 3 or 4 all night. It starts to get quite creamy around 5 on the dial and doesn't get much louder from there to 10, just generates some really nice grind. We'll be playing outside this summer so I'll be able to open it up then.

Dave, you should think about the fact that your amp is only 50 Vintage watts of real rock and roll!

What if we had started with a 100 watt YGL3 platform?

:rockon2: :bow: :DevilGuitar: None

#16 ·
Lee Bob said:
Wow, I never thought the Richmond would get that busy during the day. Good stuff. I always have a great time playing there. Everyone seems to really enjoy good tunes and good bands.
I'm sure it doesn't normally. We draw a pretty big following from work and it just seems to keep getting bigger. We actually could use a bigger place. If we did it too often though I imagine the crowd size would go down a bit. Once every month or two works really well.

#19 ·
Lowtones said:
Agreed. LOL But don't get too specific about women in the pictures and what you'd like to do with them because both Dave's and my wife are in there.
..and needless to say they're two of the best looking women in the place :D

(and God knows mine deserves sainthood for putting up with my gear whoring).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.