The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much do you think we can get for these? It'd have to be a lot for hubby to part with them, but he might consider it at the right price. Lots of history in these babies....
they're '64's

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can tell you for sure that they will only increase in value. dont sell them unless you need money badly. 54, and 63 are big strat years, the jaguar was never huge.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Recently saw a '63 strat for around $20,000 US or so. His will only go up in value over time. I think I saw a '62 Jaguar for 3 or $4000.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Ozi1 said:
how much do you think we can get for these? It'd have to be a lot for hubby to part with them, but he might consider it at the right price. Lots of history in these babies....
they're '64's

It completely depends on condition and originality. If you have a 9/10 all original custom colour Strat, you could be talking 30K+. If you have a 5/10, some changed parts (depending on what those changes are), stripped or refinished guitar you could be talking 5K. So the rift is wide in value. Take them to a reputable vintage dealer and have them appraised so ar least you know what to insure them for. I know the Halifax Folklore centre seem to know their stuff.
If they are original 64's, they are both expensive guitars.
Hey, I'm sure we'd all love to see a pic or two of them...:D

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
283 Posts
its good to hold onto fender guitars because they go up in value. but then again. if the guitar doesnt have the original finish/paint then get rid of the thing. they only go up in value if theyre completely all original. one annoying thing about fender; its so hard to determine when your guitar was made if it's after 1965 or 66. it took years to determine my strat a 68 because there were no dates on the pickups, neck, pickguard or anywhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ozi1 said:
they're '64's
Keep them both !!! like one other said unless you really need the money, sure everyone knows Strat values but don't underestimate the Jag, collectors are fickle; what is not all that valuable today may turn out to be worth a mint 20 years from now (after all your Jag was more expensive than the strat when it was first introduced) and remember when Strats first rolled off the line people didn't buy them right away.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I'd suggest investing $35 US (for each) and get a written appraisal from
http://www.gruhnguitars.com

Even if you decide to keep them, you should insure them for this value.

The reason Strat values are so much higher higher is, simply, Jimi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts