The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Yorkville lowered Gibson prices several weeks ago to reflect our might dollar, but most Fender shops I've seen have retained their too high CDN prices.

Has anyone heard if Fender will adjust Canadian prices. If they have, can you site some examples for upper MIM (Classics, Deluxe, Classic Players) and US guitars (Sig series, AV resissues, etc.).

·
Registered
872 Posts
Fender prices at L&M have gone down. I think it may have been before the big dollar gain. I can't remember many prices but a MIM powerhouse Strat was $730 and is now $680 I think. A MIA strat has gone from I think $1295 to $1095. I just hate that the same LP I bought a year and a half ago is now $400 cheaper!!

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Fender prices at L&M have gone down. I think it may have been before the big dollar gain. I can't remember many prices but a MIM powerhouse Strat was $730 and is now $680 I think. A MIA strat has gone from I think $1295 to $1095. I just hate that the same LP I bought a year and a half ago is now $400 cheaper!!
$400 is in the ouch category man.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
The Jacksons appear to have lower prices. Jackson is owned by Fender, so it should be accross all their brands...............

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still come pretty big differences between Fender pricing in the USA on in Canada. Sometimes $200-$300 CDN. I haven't seen any changes on the signature series or AV reissues, etc. (and I'm shopping for one).

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
I just orded a Stratocaster 62 reissue HotRod, and it was the exact same price as it is in the US..i check a few other guitas, fender models, and they were pretty much the same as they are in the states right now

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Last week, I noodled on an Aerodyne Classic strat (CIJ) at L&M. It was $850 Cdn. The selling price at all US online dealers was $700 US. I can understand smaller volume, higher shipping cost, but not at $150.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last week, I noodled on an Aerodyne Classic strat (CIJ) at L&M. It was $850 Cdn. The selling price at all US online dealers was $700 US. I can understand smaller volume, higher shipping cost, but not at $150.
MIA Sig series guitars are $200-300 more. MIM Classics or CPs are $150 more in Toronto. I've seen many dealers put new guitars out in the last week or so at old prices.

al3d how much did you pay for your Hot Rod? Where did you get it? There are certainly about $200+ more in Toronto than US prices.

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
MIA Sig series guitars are $200-300 more. MIM Classics or CPs are $150 more in Toronto. I've seen many dealers put new guitars out in the last week or so at old prices.

al3d how much did you pay for your Hot Rod? Where did you get it? There are certainly about $200+ more in Toronto than US prices.

I paid 1589$+ Tx. One thing you need to understand is the instrument that are already in stock will mostlikely not drop in price since they were bought at hight prices. New ones ordered should be the SAME as US prices, or at best 2 to 2.5% more for shipping cost to Canada Tops.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I paid 1589$+ Tx. One thing you need to understand is the instrument that are already in stock will mostlikely not drop in price since they were bought at hight prices. New ones ordered should be the SAME as US prices, or at best 2 to 2.5% more for shipping cost to Canada Tops.
L+M had a Hot Rod 62 in stock and they were asking well over $1850 CDN IIRC when a played it 10 days ago. I think it was close to $1900. Even Sigs and AVRI were over $1725.

al3d, where did you buy the guitar?

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
L+M had a Hot Rod 62 in stock and they were asking well over $1850 CDN IIRC when a played it 10 days ago. I think it was close to $1900. Even Sigs and AVRI were over $1725.

al3d, where did you buy the guitar?
I bought it in Sherbrooke / QUebec. the price you mentionned are pretty accurate if they had those guitars for a while. if they order a "new" one, then they have to give you the price i paid for basicaly.

·
Registered
408 Posts
it is garbage
isnt it?
but i love her <3

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any updates on Fender prices anyone? Any drops on Sig Series or AV reissues at your local stores? L + M is "claiming" that there have been drops (but are quoting pre drop prices) :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
No changes ..... see the dollar hit 1.05 us this morning.
Would love to do my business in Canada but I just can't justify paying 150 to 200 dollars more for a MIM Deluxe 72

·
Registered
133 Posts
we need to pressure them as the faithfull (repeat)and often 'high end' customers

the fact the we could pay $10 000 for some PRS's is a low down crime

i know people to to make a living but the prices being asked for pro gear is off the scale nowdays

even Eastwood's (which is really really dig) are asking too much in terms of what their retail pricing is,i remeber a while ago they were offering good deals for canadian artists,so i could be wrong about them

you can good priced stuff
(say fun beginners models or lesser known names)
but they're usually all basswood now.
not dissing basswood,one of my main guitars has a basswood body.
it's just nice to have more choice.

i know there is alot of inexpensive good quality gear these days,but you'll RARELY see any of it made in canada or america.
i have no idea how Godin has been able to keep there prices as fair as they are.

i wish we had more choices in terms of fairly priced canadian made gear (guitars,amps,whatever),
that wasn't just vintage/older stuff.

it would just be nice to have more options.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not convinced that some of the companies haven't kicked back credits to the retailers, while the retailers are still trying to shaft their buyers.

The spread is simply getting out of hand now IMO.

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
I'm not convinced that some of the companies haven't kicked back credits to the retailers, while the retailers are still trying to shaft their buyers.

The spread is simply getting out of hand now IMO.
I know the manager pretty well at my local shop and what he told me is that while their "in stock" can't be lowerd, their new order in stock is getting much lower prices right now. i ordered my 62 AV HotRod, and it was a LOT less then when i first shopped for it..so we need a bit more patience i guess..:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts