The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how this will play out?

Guitar maker Fender among firms raided in price-fix probe

The world-famous guitar maker Fender and four leading keyboard manufacturers are at the centre of a price fixing investigation after “dawn raids” were carried out at their British offices.

In total, four keyboard companies and the American guitar giant were targeted by staff from the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).

Although the companies have not been officially named, The Sunday Telegraph understands they include Yamaha, one of the biggest musical instrument manufacturers in the world, Roland, Korg, Casio and Fender.

The CMA website states that five separate “initial investigations” have been launched into “suspected breaches of competition law by various parties”. It adds that inquiries “relate to alleged anti-competitive agreements and/or concerted practices in relation to musical instruments and equipment”, adding that it is focusing on “suspected anti-competitive agreements”.

·
Premium Member
13,025 Posts
Zzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz ..................

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
In Europe, not North America

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Having spent some time discussing very similar matters with a team of lawyers in Nashville a couple of years ago, I can tell you this is some pretty serious shit.

In our case we were clean but even so, the cost of defence was in the millions.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Omg... I haven't been this excited since I got my gift card from Loblaws for the bread price fixing scandal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts