The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys anyone know of one of these used for sale ?

(I don't yet have enough posts to place this in the "buy and sell" page. There is lots of them on Ebay in the US but I'm not too keen on buying one across the border, but anywhere in Canada would be fine...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Depends where your located there was one in Ed's Music in Peterborough. They were asking about 1100 for it, but you could always make an offer.

705 - 743 - 2641 owner is Don.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
He's usually there from 9-5, keep trying and if you don't get thru let me know and I'll check it out for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Much appreciated, I'm in Halifax N.S, I deal with all the major shipping companies through our business so shipping it would not be much of an issue (if I can ever get a hold of him) used ones never pop up around here and our large local music store is reluctant to bring it in unless it is special ordered @ $1499 before 14% tax.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'll drop in if I get a chance on thursday and see what he is up to and if the amp is still there. I'll tell him you have been trying to call and see why you can't get thru. I'll post a reply on thurs night while I'm at work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i talked with them (great guys to talk to) but he does not ship any amps anywhere..he is not set up for this, too bad because he did have a Vibrolux in stock

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Saw a brown 1996 reissue in excellent condition at Capsule Music (Toronto) for $899 today.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey man, there's one here in charlottetown at Sober's Music. I don't remember how much it is, but I don't think it's $1500, and they've had it a while so they'll likely move on it.

I was actually pretty disapointed in the tone of the thing, but to each his own.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Saw a brown 1996 reissue in excellent condition at Capsule Music
Bad Bad (not in a good way) amp. I thought it would be the coolest amp but it had absolutely no Fender sparkle or chime. One of those amps that the louder it gets, the more you realize how limited it is. I sold mine after the first jam.

I have a 69 Vibrolux Reverb so hopefully I know what I'm talking about a bit.

That amp does not have the greatest rep.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a 1964 Vibrolux Reverb. Nice amp but wasn't my thing. Sold it for a pretty penny..Still have my 69 Deluxe Reverb.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
There is a mod for the Vibrolux re-issue which brings it back to a more traditional Fender sound. I don't know why the people at Fender altered the tone on those amps so much. I have modded about 10 of those amps so far and the responses I have got have been very positive.:smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts