·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: zurn

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
nice...I was down there, it was great to see all the gear & meet some interesting people

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I just wish the Brad Paisley Tele wasn't a Road Worn. I'd buy one right away if it wasn't reliced. I especially want that neck.
Agreed. Not a lover of Road Worn stuff.

·
Premium Member
11,629 Posts
amp looks great but what do you make of the $2,500.00 US street price?
G.
That puts them squarely into the boutique builder's bracket, which makes sense. They can make them as well as any of the boutique builders. But .....

Even if it 'streets' at $2k US, that is a 4 X increase compared to my DRRI (bought well many years ago) and probably around 2 X the list price of a new DRRI. That's a lot to pay for no sonic benefits, unless the speaker is significantly better. Hard to make a cost/benefit analysis fly with those numbers.

On the plus side, being handwired is easier to modify. Which will make it easier to fix the design flaw of having 'verb and trem on both channels.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It looks pretty good to me, but just not my thing. I prefer to inflict the wear by myself. I still can't wait to get one in my hands. If the neck is good enough, I could look past the relic job
The Long and McQuade in Burlington had one of the Brad Paisley models last time I was there and it was actually quite nice. The neck was really comfortable - larger than the standard ones, but not too huge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts