The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favourite guitar. I dont know what I would do if anyone ever took it away from me. Lets start off with the specs.
-Alder Body
-21 Frets
-Made in Mexico
-2 Single Coils, 1 Humbucker
-2005 model
-Rosewood Fretboard, Blue Agave colour, Polyutherane finish
-Standard Tremolo
-Standard Fender pickup switching

This guitar is about as versatile as it gets. Its got the HSS setup, so you can play harder stuff like Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, or even death metal, when you can also play stuff like Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn and other single-coil players.
It is also a real fender guitar. Not a SQUIER (sorry squier fans). This guitar has no trouble staying in tune (unless you go Van Halen on the wammy bar). Also, it is coated in a POLYUTHERANE finish, so it will never ever fade (like those arctic white strats that turn yellow in 2 years).
Below are some pics of my Strat.

I give it a 10 out of 10

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i asked the guy at the guitar center, and he said its called "fat" because of the humbucker...but u ask me, its still got a fat body

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I always thought that the "Fat" meant that it was a bigger body, but the guys over at HCEG say its because it has a "fatter" sound, caused by the Humbucker.

Nonetheless, if I was going to get a Strat, it would be that colour.:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I love mexi strats! I have not tried an american strat in a long while that sounds as good as many mexi's.
Bucky,that looks like an 18 wattlite in your avatar.?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Stratocaster said:
i asked the guy at the guitar center, and he said its called "fat" because of the humbucker...but u ask me, its still got a fat body
I always assumed that that was the reason why it was called fat strat (humbucker).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts