The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post your fenders and a decription, what cha all got?

my trusty american deluxe,stock exept for the aluminum pickguard and a ton of tweeks:DevilGuitar: :

·
Registered
29 Posts
not nearly as some of the ones that I ahve seen around here but here are mine.

Both MIM,

Black 1993 start with a black one ply pick guard and white pickups etc....wanted it to look like One of David Gilmour's strats.
I have some '54 reissue pickups on order so that will be nice.

the electric purple/blue is a 1990 MM start, I absolutely love the neck on this guitar...its just brilliant!

I tried out a passive EMG humbucker in it instead of the stock pick up.....no real difference to be honest...well not that I have noticed yet anyway.
I want to swap the whole set out for the EMG DG-20 set...just need to save up a bit...unless I sell one of the kids :)

Pics....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here's mine..65 relic

·
Registered
255 Posts
Really:tongue:

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have a work-in-progress Franken-strat. No pics at the office - sorry. I think there's a pic in one of the gear threads though, if you're really energetic & wanna have a look.

It's a Squier I won last year (door prize at a Metallica tribute show). It's metallic blue. I've replaced the pickguard with a black pearloid job and I have a set of Kinman AVN Woodstocks in there. Next on the list is a replacement neck & upgraded bridge.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Mr. David Severson said:
Really:tongue:
stuff of my dreams, I do have another strat coming in...a mij 62ri body with a mij 54ri neck and cs texas spec. pups parts-o-caster. I'm hoping for a thick arse V neck or I may re-sell it and just buy a mia 54ri neck.

I'll post a better pic when i get it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
SCREEM said:
hear good things about these, how are you liking it?

so far so good. fender doesn't wire lefties properly so i wired it righty, changed the cap, put in the 5-way and wired in tone for the bridge pickup.

generally it's beautiful. not thrilled with the bridge pickup but i don't use bridge alone much anyway.

it's taking my a while to get used to the lower output. my last strat had SCNs.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
exhausted said:
so far so good. fender doesn't wire lefties properly so i wired it righty, changed the cap, put in the 5-way and wired in tone for the bridge pickup.

generally it's beautiful. not thrilled with the bridge pickup but i don't use bridge alone much anyway.

it's taking my a while to get used to the lower output. my last strat had SCNs.
I like the SCN's alot, the thick tone is awesome on a dimed tube amp, where alot of other strat pups are too shrill for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My Tele and Strat

1 - 20 of 59 Posts