The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems that the Classic Player line is on the way out and the Player series will be taking its place. Both are MIM but there are some changes. The new Jag is about $250 less($849?). It does not come with a gig bag I believe tuners and trem positioning as well as bridge are different.

I had a chance to play one today through a Blues Junior IV clean channel. They have done away with the old switching and in its place is a 3 way switch and one mini toggle. Equipped with a bridge humbucker, splittable with the mini toggle and a Jag single coil in the neck. Sounded great in all positions and played ok off the shelf.
But........the neck felt cheap to me. It felt like the neck on the 3/4 Squier mini strat my son had. While playable left something to be desired. On the flip side one of the sale people said that neck was his favourite of the bunch.

Anyone try one yet?

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Ive tried a few from the player line, pretty much all unplugged. Nothing jumped out at me as far as issues go. If you like the specs, I dont see a reason not to get one.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive tried a few from the player line, pretty much all unplugged. Nothing jumped out at me as far as issues go. If you like the specs, I dont see a reason not to get one.
Hated the neck. I have a Modern Player Jag(MIC) and that neck holds its own against any guitar I’ve played. Unfortunately a lot of people have a real disdain to guitars made there. When I had my MP Tele on kijiji I had more than 1 person contact me to tell me, “that’s not a tele, that’s some made in China crap!!”

Alrighty then! LOL

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Hated the neck. I have a Modern Player Jag(MIC) and that neck holds its own against any guitar I’ve played. Unfortunately a lot of people have a real disdain to guitars made there. When I had my MP Tele on kijiji I had more than 1 person contact me to tell me, “that’s not a tele, that’s some made in China crap!!”

Alrighty then! LOL
You hating the neck doesnt mean its a bad neck though, let alone a bad guitar. Having tried 3 or 4 different player models, the neck feels the same as basically any MIM ive picked up over the last few years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts