The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,800 Posts
We tried a couple at the studio in March. I think we used the reverb at one point? They are decent pedals, simple layout with basic functions. I would say comparable to Boss pedals. I did like the dot on each knob lighting up, handy for dark rooms.

Hopefully others can chime in.

·
Registered
24,359 Posts
An extremely well thought-out series of pedals. In some ways, smarter than some of their more recent guitars. As I've probably mentioned a few times here, I like the Pelt fuzz. What I like about them is that they add a few more performance controls than the rest of the herd, but not so many that you get lost in the options.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mark, what did you like about the sound of the Pelt fuzz? I've not played one.

·
Registered
569 Posts
So do you mean the note evolves over time as it is held? Please elaborate. I'll have to try one at L&M next time I stop in.

·
Registered
569 Posts
So @mhammer I tried the Pelt at L&M a couple days ago and I agree, it is a great sounding and versatile fuzz. The 'BLOOM' knob from soft to hard gives a big variety of sounds.

But I'd still love to know what you meant by:

I like the way you can make it collapse.
I'd buy one if a good price presented itself.

·
Registered
371 Posts
How is the Pelt with humbuckers? I have seen the demos but they are trying to sell a pedal. I am fine for single coils but struggling to find one that works with high output humbuckers.

Thamks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got the pugilist a little while back,
It brings some good quality dirt to the table with going overboard, and chords shine through really clearly. definitely a keeper and not a sleeper.

Nobody's gonna mention the magnetized battery compartment?
Lol call me a fool, but I had to find something to keep it wedge open while I tried to fit the battery into place without it getting pulled to the side by the magnet, which also snaps the opening shut automatically.... I needed 3 hands or something wedged in the hinge to get a dang battery in a pedal LOL,
Though i do like the lack of things you have to push in/pull back/snap off of the pedal to get to the battery slot, or worse, using a screw driver.
Less crap to break....*cough* dunlop crybaby *cough*

·
Registered
24,359 Posts
Small neodymiums have their uses. The guy I was a product demonstrator for at Summer NAMM was hawking a clever "electric harmonica". It was a 3-D-printed holder for a brand of harmonicas that use steel reeds, making them amenable t being sensed by conventional inductive pickups (that he had Lace custom make for him). Because harp players regularly change keys, he made the back of the device easily removable, so the user could pop one key out and slide another in quickly. What made that possible was the use of a half-dozen small neodymiums that provided enough grip for the back to stay on securely, but not so tight that you had to wrestle with it to get it off.

Remember not to hold the battery compartment near your wallet or pocket where you keep your credit cards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts