The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It pretty cool to see some "new faces" and some design are widely inspired by models made by moders and diy, there's some appeal! :)

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
The Trouble maker Tele is interesting. Particularly with what is going on at Gibson these days. I am not overly fond of any of the others. I am sort of (but not restricted to) traditional when it comes to Strats and Teles. Never was big on Jags and Mustangs, etc. Nothing wrong with them, they just don't appeal to me.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is up with that Jag-strat? :eek: It's like them dipping into the leftover parts bin and slapping together a monstrosity. The control plate just does not work at all with the body.
I still want one! :p

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
24,711 Posts
There is a whole lot there that screams "THIS YEAR'S MODEL! NEW AND IMPROVED!", where the headlights and front grill are moved over a bit, and the fins are extended. The basic designs are fine, indeed timeless, but Fender feels some sort of need tohave something "new" to generate interest, so they shuffle the deck and portray it as something new. For me it feels like the same grilled cheese sandwich, cut differently.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
There is a whole lot there that screams "THIS YEAR'S MODEL! NEW AND IMPROVED!", where the headlights and front grill are moved over a bit, and the fins are extended. The basic designs are fine, indeed timeless, but Fender feels some sort of need tohave something "new" to generate interest, so they shuffle the deck and portray it as something new. For me it feels like the same grilled cheese sandwich, cut differently.
I'm confused, do you hate grilled cheese sandwiches or Fender guitars?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
At those prices? Good lord. The pick guards don't even line up nice. Fender guitars already have nice lines.

Is it necessary to change a good thing? They will need a complete redesign rather than shuffle what they already have.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I'm not a Fender guy, but, the Troublemaker really catches my attention.
Though for £1599.00 there won't be one coming home with me ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts