The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mind some of the f-hole designs. I really like the Meteora - Takes the offset design to another level - would like to see that with a couple of P90s, a 3-way 1V/1T , Gibson type bridge.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I tried an American Original 50 Telecaster yesterday and thought it was really nice, but I wished it had bigger frets.

Yes, I know it's 50's specs, but I just wished the frets were a bit bigger.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
I tried an American Original 50 Telecaster yesterday and thought it was really nice, but I wished it had bigger frets.

Yes, I know it's 50's specs, but I just wished the frets were a bit bigger.

They aren't '50s specs. Vintage specs ('50s and '60s) include a 7.25" radius and vintage sized frets (so small ones). That series has the modern 9.5" radius with vintage-tall frets, whatever those are.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
They aren't '50s specs. Vintage specs ('50s and '60s) include a 7.25" radius and vintage sized frets (so small ones). That series has the modern 9.5" radius with vintage-tall frets, whatever those are.
I've owned 52 Reissue Tele and felt exactly the same though.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Can't stop looking at this one, I bet it just sings. Not sure I wanna know the price tag though.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I'm just going by the description on the Fender website. And as I said, I have no idea what vintage tall even means.
I'm assuming tall, thin frets. As opposed to the tall, wide frets you'd find on the American Special model. I'm guessing these new ones will be the width of AVRI vintage spec frets, and the height of regular medium-jumbo Fender Standard frets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts