The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Maybe when you opened the link, it was in USD?
Perhaps. I thought it was bestbuy.ca, and above the $429.99 on the page, it said “sale $180 off” or something like that, but it was late and I was heading for bed at the time. The mystery continues!

L

·
0 Posts
They had the sale very short term and jacked the price back up this morning?

·
Registered
662 Posts
They had the sale very short term and jacked the price back up this morning?
I’m wondering if it was an error in their system that caused the guitar to be listed for $429.99 and they caught it after someone placed an order for one. I think that’s happened before on their site. They’ll honour the price, but I don’t see any other reason for them to jack the price back up; unless it was some unannounced “flash sale”.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Check again tonight. I have noticed that Best Buy puts items on sale over night and then back to the regular price in the morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I snagged one of these it was $529.99 not $429.99. I called yesterday afternoon and there was two left. I tried to get the second one however missed her by a minute.
Hope it plays a well as my other Fenders. I will put a Seymour Duncan hot P90 from custom shop in her and a Gibson mini humbucker too!
Just looked and it says shipped with tracking woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Check again tonight. I have noticed that Best Buy puts items on sale over night and then back to the regular price in the morning.
This. In Aug 2016 it went on like this for weeks...there was thread on red flag deals about it at the time. Les Pauls and Strats and 20 to 30 other guitars for 50 to 60% off, but only after about 11 pm and gone in the morning. I was going nuts, every night was a new deal..and I didn’t buy anything!! MIM standard Strats were under 400, LP Studios and Tributes for $600 to $800, and there were a few top end Les Paul’s that were $1600 off the list. I saw them getting flipped on Kijiji for weeks after especially the Strats. Then after they sell out, the description stays up for months just to make you feel bad about missing out....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts