The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Fender Jimmie Vaughan Stratocaster.

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  butterknucket 
Great feeling necks & excellent bang for the buck along with the Robert Cray model (should have never sold that one).

If the bridge is routed for a humbucker you could set it up as an HSS & cover most of the bases. If not, maybe drop in a Duncan Hot Rails or similar?

So does Changing the p/u's on a Signature model ruin it's resale value?

I realize you've had it for a decade and a bit, but if it goes up for sale ever in the future, a Jimmy Vaughan fan would want it factory...yes?
I wouldn't worry about that on a MIM model, esp. if you're putting in what could be considered an upgrade. This being said, I seem to recall preferring the Tex-Mex pups to the stock Am Std. from ~10 yrs. ago, they had a real nice bite to them whereas the U.S. pups were too smooth, dare I say bland.

@sulphur the necks on both the Cray & Jimmie Vaughan Strats are fatter than the modern C. The Cray will feel like the beefier of the two due to the extra shoulder of that neck vs. the V profile of the Jimmie Vaughan. Haven't played either in a while, would love to A/B the Cray with the supposedly chunkier neck on the 2017 Am. Pro series.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.