1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
After reading this, Gibson might take a lesson from Fender if they wish to stay around and be solvent.

Fender revamps its electric guitars amid sales recovery
didn’t you predict Fenders demise just a few weeks ago? what happened?

I did have a chance to try some of Fenders newer models last week, some of the guitars unveiled at the last NAMM show and they are pretty cool. I've always been a fan so it may be a biased opinion but whatever.

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
DUUUUDE!!!

Instigating stuff has to be against your religion. Am I right? Or am I right?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DUUUUDE!!!

Instigating stuff has to be against your religion. Am I right? Or am I right?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I didn't know stating facts and making suggestions were instigating anything. What I said above is mild from some of the news reports about Gibson in the last few months.:)

P

·
0 Posts
Everyone knocks Gibson's robot tuner, but I love them. I hate tuning guitars, and now I push a button and the guitar is in tune.

P

·
0 Posts
they 're still too dam high. i'll stick with the used 1o yr old ones that are priced as they should be
Germaphobes only buy new. They don't want the skin cells, germs, bio material etc. embedded into the dirty used guitars to touch their sacred bodies.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
That's OK if you only play Folsom Prison Blues once a week and never stretch a string AND are tone deaf. Otherwise, tune that guitar.
I play it 8 hours a week minimum, with huge bends all the time. It very rarely goes more than a cent or two out over the course of a gig, or a few days laying around the house. It's rock solid.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
Everyone knocks Gibson's robot tuner, but I love them. I hate tuning guitars, and now I push a button and the guitar is in tune.
A lot of my guitars I have to flatten one string or another and compromise because the string goes sharp when it’s fretted.

More often than not its the G string that is furthest out. But the bottom line is that when the strings are tuned perfectly open I have to adjust a bit for chords even though intonation on all my main guitars is pretty good.

So my concern with the robo tuners would be that while the strings were in tune open they might be out a bit on for example a first position A or D chord.

Are you not finding any problems with robo tuners in that regard?

P

·
0 Posts
I play it 8 hours a week minimum, with huge bends all the time. It very rarely goes more than a cent or two out over the course of a gig, or a few days laying around the house. It's rock solid.
You are the lucky man. Cheers!

P

·
0 Posts
A lot of my guitars I have to flatten one string or another and compromise because the string goes sharp when it’s fretted.

More often than not its the G string that is furthest out. But the bottom line is that when the strings are tuned perfectly open I have to adjust a bit for chords even though intonation on all my main guitars is pretty good.

So my concern with the robo tuners would be that while the strings were in tune open they might be out a bit on for example a first position A or D chord.

Are you not finding any problems with robo tuners in that regard?
No I don't do "sweetened" tunings. My guitars are all pretty good. If it was an issue I think the tuners have the ability to set up a saved tuning as you described. I know they can tune to an out of tune piano, for example, but I will see if I can mess with the strings individually. I don't need that tuning setup for me though. Could it be you press to hard on the strings and are bending them out of tune slightly?

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
... Could it be you press to hard on the strings and are bending them out of tune slightly?
That was an issue before but I’ve adapted a bit better now to the electrics where it was a bigger problem. But even on my acoustics where you can press pretty hard w/out a problem some of them still need to be compensated a little like the low E will go a bit sharp on the G fret even if pressed softly. They are all slightly different. Although I got a good set up on my telecaster and it plays in tune really well now even though it has largish frets - they lowered the nut slots quite a bit on that one.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
they 're still too dam high. i'll stick with the used 1o yr old ones that are priced as they should be
...be careful though - get to 11 year old and they are vintage, and command a king’s ransom ;-)

Reactions: cheezyridr
1 - 20 of 46 Posts