The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a new amp. And I love the sound of a clean fender. I used to play hard rock. but now I like blues and alternative. A guy near my house is selling this one for $500. Is this a good price?

749 at steves

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Hey Xanadu, is that the one on usedottawa? I thought about calling up the guy about it but I'm not really sure if it would be a lot better than my Peavey Classic 30. You might also want to check out the Traynor YCV40WR, that's being sold on OM. I know that one's been around for a month of so now and I thought I just saw it posted somewhere else again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are looking for a good clean fender, I suggest a Deluxe Reverb Reissue. They sound great. Doesn't have distortion but it does go well with effects pedals.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chito said:
Hey Xanadu, is that the one on usedottawa? I thought about calling up the guy about it but I'm not really sure if it would be a lot better than my Peavey Classic 30. You might also want to check out the Traynor YCV40WR, that's being sold on OM. I know that one's been around for a month of so now and I thought I just saw it posted somewhere else again.
yeah that's the one, and I live out in kinburn, so constance bay isnt that far away. I think I actually know the guy selling it. I was thinking about the traynors, What's OM? And im pretty sure that anything is better than the valvestate I've got now.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
They have a decent clean channel, but the overdrive is regarded as pretty bad by most people (and I agree). I see used Traynor YCV40 or 40WR's for the same price and they are a much better sounding amp in my opinion. Both channels are fantastic, and they are just a more versitile amp.

The Deluxe Reverb Reissues are great sounding amps, but you likely won't find one for $500. If you want amazing clean tones, they are the amp to check out. They get a nice overdrive when cranked, but the don't have a gain channel.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
torndownunit said:
They have a decent clean channel, but the overdrive is regarded as pretty bad by most people (and I agree). I see used Traynor YCV40 or 40WR's for the same price and they are a much better sounding amp in my opinion. Both channels are fantastic, and they are just a more versitile amp.

The Deluxe Reverb Reissues are great sounding amps, but you likely won't find one for $500. If you want amazing clean tones, they are the amp to check out. They get a nice overdrive when cranked, but the don't have a gain channel.
ok, I really dont care about the overdrive channel. I wish that Chito would hurry up and tell me what OM is!! lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
RE: OM. You guys in the Ottawa region?
How about starting with O for Ottawa and move on to M for Monthly, Monitor, Musician, Magazine.???? Any of those do anything for you?
Benee Wafers

·
Registered
874 Posts
torndownunit said:

+1 on the Traynor stuff. Also look for used Peavey classics or my personnal favorite the Crate V Series amps.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bRian said:
Xanadu, OM is the Ottawa Musician, an online buy and sell site. I agree with the others with regards to the Deluxe Reverb RI and the traynor YCV40. Make a trip to the closest music store and try both.

http://www.theottawamusician.com/equip.html
k thanks...i tried ottawa magazine, ottawa monthly, but i turned off my computer and started playing guitar and im like "ottawa musician?" but then i went to bed...

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Xanadu said:
yeah that's the one, and I live out in kinburn, so constance bay isnt that far away. I think I actually know the guy selling it. I was thinking about the traynors, What's OM? And im pretty sure that anything is better than the valvestate I've got now.
Didn't logon here till now. Not sure if he's still selling it. But I thought I saw it somewhere else. Been thinking about getting it too. :) Here's the ad:

Posted Jun.17/06:

* FS: Special Edition Traynor YCV40WR Custom Valve Tube Amp. Excellent condition. Award winning real tube sound. Special upgrade includes 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker for warm & rich sound. Unique “wine red” cabinet with oatmeal cloth grill for vintage look. Very flexible amp with A/B channels, footswitch, and spring reverb. Asking $575 – compare with new price is $800 plus taxes. More info - Click Here Email for pictures
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chito said:
Didn't logon here till now. Not sure if he's still selling it. But I thought I saw it somewhere else. Been thinking about getting it too. :) Here's the ad:

Posted Jun.17/06:

* FS: Special Edition Traynor YCV40WR Custom Valve Tube Amp. Excellent condition. Award winning real tube sound. Special upgrade includes 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker for warm & rich sound. Unique “wine red” cabinet with oatmeal cloth grill for vintage look. Very flexible amp with A/B channels, footswitch, and spring reverb. Asking $575 – compare with new price is $800 plus taxes. More info - Click Here Email for pictures
[email protected]
yeah, i found the ad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts