The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Canadian source for a Fender Deluxe Reverb reverb transformer

specs from Vibroworld

Reverb Driver Transformer, mounting centers: 1 3/4-inches.
Primary resistance: 22,275-ohms; secondary: 8-ohms; Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz

Rather buy in Canada ... cause

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
shoretyus said:
Looking for a Canadian source for a Fender Deluxe Reverb reverb transformer

specs from Vibroworld

Reverb Driver Transformer, mounting centers: 1 3/4-inches.
Primary resistance: 22,275-ohms; secondary: 8-ohms; Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz

Rather buy in Canada ... cause
I've been sourcing parts for my build/repair business for a LONG time and I haven't found a Canadian source for this type of stuff yet! I buy from US online stores like Hoffman, AES and others. I buy a few hundred dollars at a time to keep a good inhouse inventory to cover my needs. This swamps out the shipping/brokerage fees. Ordering one $10 item at a time really bites when the total bill is figured out.

I'm not saying you won't find anything but I'm sure glad it's YOU looking and not me!:tongue: If you come up with anything I'd appreciate it if you'd pass the word along.

I've written about this before. The problem here is that we are too close to the Americans. They have a much bigger market so they can buy in volume at better prices. I've seen guys try in Canada and what always happens is that they only seem to get business from the odd Canadian patriot and a few guys in a real hurry that can't handle the shipping delay of an American order. All the rest order from the states to save a few bucks. That unfortunately leaves too few orders to pay the rent.

If you can afford to jump in and run an online store with a big enough money investment you can compete by taking enough business from OUTSIDE of Canada but only a few folks have done that, like thetubestore.com which sells tubes, capacitors and a bit else. They don't sell any transformer stuff and believe me, I've begged them!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
DR Transformer

Hi, I'm not sure if your DR is original or a reissue however my '67 has a power transformer out of a reissue which I think you can order through any authorized Fender repair centre in Canada.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts