The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Have it re-coned. Unless you want something different.
Times have changed, Andy!

You can pay almost $100 for a new speaker, or almost $100 to have it reconed!

Unless you've got some vintage speaker with a lot of value nobody's reconing much anymore.

Ask Santon Audio about the trend with guitar speaker recones these days.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The Eminence legend series has a couple of 12s that are good for Fenders, especially if you have the "special design" speakers, but they do a nice job replacing the Oxford too.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Times have changed, Andy!

You can pay almost $100 for a new speaker, or almost $100 to have it reconed!

Unless you've got some vintage speaker with a lot of value nobody's reconing much anymore.

Ask Santon Audio about the trend with guitar speaker recones these days.

:food-smiley-004:
Yes, but a recone keeps it original and setting aside an old blown speaker doesn't make much sense for future resale value as you never know when they will stop making recone kits for it.

Recones still make sense for PA drivers, as they are still about $250.00 or so to recone a $400.00 driver.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes saggy cones I know all about that.

I have forgotten .. and haven't looked but at one point I had a Celestion in the amp. I am not sure if I put the original back in or not. Vintage is not really an issue to me. This thing has fallen off a truck :)

Yeah it's a pine tele ha ha ...

66' that had a really crappy inlay in it. I replaced it with a piece of fire wood ie spalted beech ...the first night I played it ( being soft) I had made a big groove in it. The orange is from a coat of epoxy.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm I can't remember what I had in this thing .. what is this ?

I pulled a Jensen out my Leslie 125 till I can get up to Ottawa and see Nonreverb ( he's the man ) It's in good shape and sounds good with Tokia. The Tele gets a test in a few minutes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts