The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I had one and loved it. I have also had blues juniors and didn't like them at all.
I find the Champ 12 to have a much more natural overdrive and cleaner cleans. Reverb is so so...
For some reason, I find the Blues Jr very boxy sounding and the Champ much bigger sounding.
I just sold one, I wanted a livingroom amp and it was way too loud.
Of course, I also had a Marshall Master Reverb 30 which smoked them both. The Marshall was probably the best combo I have ever heard. I don't play guitar in a band any more, but if I ever started, I would look for another Marshall.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was on a western Canada tour with my band in '97. I was using two Fender champ 12's in stereo. I saw a new blues jr. in a store on Whyte Ave. in Edmonton and brought one of my champs in to compare. I bought the blues jr. and sold one of my champs to a friend in Saskatoon once we got there. The champ was way rattier in tone once it got up there. The jr. had more headroom along with everything else. Those early blues jr's are still one of my favourite amps. I could coax a pretty convincing Vox tone out of them. The blues junior isn't a "traditional" scooped Fender tone and neither were those champs. So if that's what you want I would look elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts