The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to source a reproduction nameplate for a tweed Fender Deluxe? I have an original '58 Deluxe chassis in a repro cabinet and would like to put a nameplate on the cabinet.
I see an original one on eBay but it's pricey.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
What does it look like?

Old threads out there say you could at one time get them from Fender if you gave them documentation on your amp, and that Marsh sold replicas, but I guess Fender's lawyers get around.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does it look like?

Old threads out there say you could at one time get them from Fender if you gave them documentation on your amp, and that Marsh sold replicas, but I guess Fender's lawyers get around.
Yes, should look just like that. I expected to see a dozen of them on eBay but I think you're right, forgers may have got the "cease and desist" letter!

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I'm not sure now that the one on eBay is actually an original, and the seller doesn't accept questions.
I'm thinking now that it's a copy.

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
I've watched those come & go from ebay. same thing with amp faceplates. A seller has a bunch, sells them, and then vanishes. Nobody has them for a while, then somebody else pops up with them and vanishes later.
That "Fender Deluxe" plate is always extra pricey. It's a waiting & watching game.

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
If an eBay seller does not respond to a question-avoid at all costs.

When I see something on eBay or reverb.com I always ask a question before bidding. No answer means no bid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts