The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got some Fender bullet nickel strings! I followed exactly the numbers on the envelopes that they came in and it didn't even dawn on me but they were totally wrong. Before I realized it I had put on low E , Gand A strings when I realized something was very wrong! The G string had the thickest string which should of been the low E string!

Should I take them back? They were $13 .

·
Registered
11,019 Posts
So I got some Fender bullet nickel strings! I followed exactly the numbers on the envelopes that they came in and it didn't even dawn on me but they were totally wrong. Before I realized it I had put on low E , Gand A strings when I realized something was very wrong! The G string had the thickest string which should of been the low E string!

Should I take them back? They were $13 .
They suck and you want to take them back because you put them on wrong?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I would at least try as you just threw away 13 dollars on fenders packaging error. They might have a whole batch that is wrong. If you're not paying attention and only open the packs one by one, as I do, I could see this happening mostly for the higher strings. By the time its on the string is buggered.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would at least try as you just threw away 13 dollars on fenders packaging error. They might have a whole batch that is wrong. If you're not paying attention and only open the packs one by one, as I do, I could see this happening mostly for the higher strings. By the time its on the string is buggered.
I agree!

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
The packaging sucks--I like the strings--sometimes use them on my Mustang.

but check on returning them...

(& $13?--I've seen them better priced than that)

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too many cookies!

Wrong assumption!!

Nah! I came home from work on my lunch hour to do this!

Nice thing about having my job literally right across the street from my house. It takes me five minutes to walk to work.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The packaging sucks--I like the strings--sometimes use them on my Mustang.

but check on returning them...

(& $13?--I've seen them better priced than that)
I didn't have a choice except buy them from L&M! Retail sucks. I have multiple gift cards. Have to use them.

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Wrong assumption!!

Nah! I came home from work on my lunch hour to do this!

Nice thing about having my job literally right across the street from my house. It takes me five minutes to walk to work.
Not enough cookies :)

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going to L & M right now. I have all the packaging and the strings. See how good a customer service they have.

I am going back to Gibson vintage strings anyways. I have never had a complaint about those particular strings. They are pure nickel as well.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just getting through the door from L & M. No refund, no nothing! I told the manager exactly what went with mislabeled envelopes that strings came in! I point blank asked if there was any compensation he could offer! He said no but thanks for bringing this to his attention!

I won't buy Fender strings ever again! I bought the Gibson reissue Vintage strings that I really like and am trying a new brand I have never seen before RotoSound pure Nickel strings!

·
Premium Member
11,618 Posts

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The RotoSound company have been around since the 1950's. I didn't even know they existed! I am going to try these strings right now! I will report back with my findings. Tempted to put the Gibson vintage strings on but I just have to give these a shot first.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts