The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Looking forward to trying one. If it is as fun as my POS Telecoustic, I will have to keep my eyes open for a good used one when someone decides it not quite their thing.

·
Registered
11,269 Posts
when I posted this earlier today in the NAMM thread I said that I thought it was funny that they're trying again to make the Tele an 'acoustic' and why would we need another one

it'll be sad to watch

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
This may be my major GAS purchase for 2019.
Must,...show,...restraint!
This video shows the potential for a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
when I posted this earlier today in the NAMM thread I said that I thought it was funny that they're trying again to make the Tele an 'acoustic' and why would we need another one

it'll be sad to watch
Maybe they think a lot of us are getting so feeble-minded that we won't remember the "Telecoustic" and Stratocoustic". This is about the third time around I think.

I just wish they had more unplugged tone.

·
Registered
11,269 Posts
Maybe they think a lot of us are getting so feeble-minded that we won't remember the "Telecoustic" and Stratocoustic". This is about the third time around I think.

I just wish they had more unplugged tone.
those things were my first thought, I did not like them. I played with a guy back in the day that brought that thing out every chance he had, it was terrible or at least he made it sound that way. I also went to a wedding that the special music was played on one of those and it still gives me nightmares

they also tried the acoustasonic, which may have had potential but I wasn't interested. this attempt won't be the last, success or failure

·
Premium Member
11,879 Posts
This one is better looking than the previous version. Maybe that's just 'fashion' though - current trends? I woulda gone with a more subtle switch and knobs, so they blend in and don't contrast so much.

But to me it's still a bit of a guitarist version of an El Camino. Either the best of both worlds, or the worst, depending on your perspective.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Fender site has them listed at 2k U.S.
What? I never really liked anything with the "...coustic" label, but at this price I will just quietly walk around it as if it was a venomous snake.

I bet they will become popular with the video crowd looking to be cool and different (for about 3 minutes). Unless Ed Sheeran plays one on a music awards show I expect them to have a short shelf life.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I really don't find any redeeming qualities about this guitar. It sounds hollow, and not in a good way. This might be harsh, but it sounds "cheap" to my ear.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
There is too much negativity here.
I just watched a YouTube video about the making of the Fender American Acoustasonic.

I can understand that it may not be your thing. You may like owning and caring for several high maintenance, expensive acoustic guitars, that took years to find, aquire, etc. I get it. I understand. I have not bonded with the high dollar acoustics you find priceless, irreplaceable, inspiring. Owning that kind of guitar and not playing it would be an absolute waste for me.

This looks like a fun, versatile, light, comfortable guitar, that will put a big grin on your face. The kind of grin that won’t easily go away. My experience with my POS Telecoustic has been inspiring, and fun. I now want what is missing. Maybe Fender got it right this time. If it winds up staying in my hands, it will replace the other acoustics that I try to bond with.

I happen to really prefer a good Telecaster neck over the hundreds of acoustic necks that have gone through my hands. The carefree effort required to play when using a Tele neck for me is priceless. If this new guitar delivers the goods that I have been searching for, I may just have to buy one.

If you choose to not like it without even trying it, or relying on some past experience with what you considered junk, that is your loss, and that is also OK.

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
There is too much negativity here.
I just watched a YouTube video about the making of the Fender American Acoustasonic.

I can understand that it may not be your thing. You may like owning and caring for several high maintenance, expensive acoustic guitars, that took years to find, aquire, etc. I get it. I understand. I have not bonded with the high dollar acoustics you find priceless, irreplaceable, inspiring. Owning that kind of guitar and not playing it would be an absolute waste for me.

This looks like a fun, versatile, light, comfortable guitar, that will put a big grin on your face. The kind of grin that won’t easily go away. My experience with my POS Telecoustic has been inspiring, and fun. I now want what is missing. Maybe Fender got it right this time. If it winds up staying in my hands, it will replace the other acoustics that I try to bond with.

I happen to really prefer a good Telecaster neck over the hundreds of acoustic necks that have gone through my hands. The carefree effort required to play when using a Tele neck for me is priceless. If this new guitar delivers the goods that I have been searching for, I may just have to buy one.

If you choose to not like it without even trying it, or relying on some past experience with what you considered junk, that is your loss, and that is also OK.
I agree about the negativity. It doesn’t seem like a guitar I’d buy, especially at 2k. I would like to try one though and see how it plays and sounds. It has the potential to be a very versatile guitar in a cover band. I have two 12 string guitars. My Godin A12 is a hybrid guitar. It is my #1 guitar right now. When I’m playing for myself at home my L42 Larrivee is much nicer. Nicer to play and way nicer tone. When I’m playing with others the A12 can plug into anything and sound half decent. It cuts through way better than the Larrivee which is just lost in the mix. It’s all about what the guitar will be used for.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
There was one of these, the generation before this one, that hung on a wall at Axe Music forever. It was a strat shape, set neck, very smooth & shiney. It was a beautiful guitar. No pickup, just Piezo.
But what do you do with it? It's not loud enough to play unplugged

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
There was one of these, the generation before this one, that hung on a wall at Axe Music forever. It was a strat shape, set neck, very smooth & shiney. It was a beautiful guitar. No pickup, just Piezo.
But what do you do with it? It's not loud enough to play unplugged
I play my POS Telecoustic unplugged. I use it to figure out songs while they are in my head trying to get out. I also often use it to jam along recorded music. It stands out enough to hear myself vs. the music I am doing my best to a accompany.

The rest of the time I have it plugged into any available amp, just loud enough to be heard as a full sized acoustic, perhaps with a touch of reverb or delay. My old GK 250 ML, the PRRI, Mesa, etc., all do an admirable job using a POS that sports a neck, that makes me play 50 to 100% better. The touch sensitivity is inspirational and leads to things I can’t do on other guitars.

The one with no pickups at all I have never seen or read about.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts