The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
In case anyone wasn't aware, Fender changed the model years between the AVRI and AV lines
'99-'12 AVRI: 52 Tele, 57 Strat, 62 Tele Custom, 62 Strat, 62 Jazzmaster, 62 Jaguar, 69 Tele Thinline
'12-'17 AV: 52 Tele, 56 Strat, 58 Tele, 59 Strat, 64 Tele, 65 Strat, 65 Jazzmaster, 65 Jaguar, 72 Tele Custom

The only one that's created confusion is the 52 Tele. The AV and AVRI 52 Tele are not the same guitar. Fender would have done well to change the model year like they did the others (say, "53 Tele") but they didn't. They look similar at first glance but the AV's are more blonde and less "pumpkin" orange. The neck on the AV52 is way thicker and is a lot closer to a Nocaster U.
Any idea how the Vintage Hot Rod 62 Strat fits into this (model #: 0100140-805)? I guess based on the above it would be part of the AVRI series?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Any idea how the Vintage Hot Rod 62 Strat fits into this (model #: 0100140-805)? I guess based on the above it would be part of the AVRI series?
Yep the Hot Rods were part of the older AVRI series.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Any idea how the specs on the hotrod compared to the regular 62 AVRI? I know the hotrod has 9.5 radius, but that’s about it.
From the looks of it they're a 62RI Strat but with a different neck. 9.5 radius, med jumbo frets, and a thin skin finish.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Haven’t ordered online from Wildwood before—is there a chance they get more Sonic Blue thin skins in or is that it for the year? Hah, I can’t believe I missed them when they were posted.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Any idea how the specs on the hotrod compared to the regular 62 AVRI? I know the hotrod has 9.5 radius, but that’s about it.
I have one, the key difference is the neck, which is based on the 59 Strat, so thicker throughout.

·
Premium Member
9,541 Posts
I have one, the key difference is the neck, which is based on the 59 Strat, so thicker throughout.
Yep, I have one too. Nice thicker neck profile, 9.5" radius. And 57/62 pickups with RW/RP middle, which were long gone when I got mine but had them before on a diamond anniversary US Strat, they're low output nice sounding pups.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Act fast!

Dang, with exchange it's about 3 grand and then shipping and taxes on top of that. That's a pricey endeavor. That's almost putting you in the range of a used CS guitar from the prices I've seen stuff go for on the board here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I feel pretty lucky, I got my '59 AVRI a couple of years ago. It sat on kijiji for at least a couple of weeks while I sold another guitar to afford it.

There was one for sale in my area maybe a month ago and it sold within a day or two for full asking, which was $2500... and it was sunburst!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Act fast!

Dang, with exchange it's about 3 grand and then shipping and taxes on top of that. That's a pricey endeavor. That's almost putting you in the range of a used CS guitar from the prices I've seen stuff go for on the board here.
I know! It’s unfortunately why I won’t be getting one. It’s a shame there’s no Canadian equivalent.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep, I have one too. Nice thicker neck profile, 9.5" radius. And 57/62 pickups with RW/RP middle, which were long gone when I got mine but had them before on a diamond anniversary US Strat, they're low output nice sounding pups.
I am still searching for one. It shall be mine!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I feel pretty lucky, I got my '59 AVRI a couple of years ago. It sat on kijiji for at least a couple of weeks while I sold another guitar to afford it.

There was one for sale in my area maybe a month ago and it sold within a day or two for full asking, which was $2500... and it was sunburst!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
That was mine. I still miss it.
I still have another one but the maple neck 59. IMO it sounds way better to me than the rosewood I had but damn I still see those clay dots in my dreams lol

61 - 80 of 83 Posts