The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little story on how fortunate we all are here in Canada. Just finished loading up a cube van full of furniture, beds, linens clothing lamps etc..that we had accumulated for the past few weeks for a refugee family that came here on Tuesday from Lebanon camps. They had very little clothing on and no gloves, hats. Its freezing here in Ottawa-Gatineau.
The two sons and their dad loaded everything up as quickly as possible before heading out for two other loads. They have nothing with them except the clothes on their back. Thanks to the wonderful circle of new Canadian friends who are helping them get comfy.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Everytime I go to the Rehearsal factory downtown TO now I put together a small gift bag of personal toiletries, a pair of socks and a pair of gloves and give it to the first homeless person I see. It's not much but it makes me feel really good. I have done it twice now and those that receive my goody bag are so appreciative.

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Awesome work!

My good wife is part of a group that weaves sleeping mats out of plastic bags for homeless shelters, knits hats and mitts for the same. There is an endless demand.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everytime I go to the Rehearsal factory downtown TO now I put together a small gift bag of personal toiletries, a pair of socks and a pair of gloves and give it to the first homeless person I see. It's not much but it makes me feel really good. I have done it twice now and those that receive my goody bag are so appreciative.
The world needs more people like you Lola.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome work!

My good wife is part of a group that weaves sleeping mats out of plastic bags for homeless shelters, knits hats and mitts for the same. There is an endless demand.
Well done and congrats to your wife for helping out in her own way. This is what its all about.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Thats a great idea. More important then the act it self is the example you set that we should all follow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts