The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if there is any interest in my PRS. May sell to fund another purchase. Some wear as shown in photos. All stock except for the addition of gold PRS lamp shade knobs. Tobacco sunburst finish with a nice amount of flame. 1 piece mahogany back. Neck shape is pattern vintage (chunky).

More pics available upon request. Looking for $2300 shipped with a hard sided gigbag.

·
Premium Member
All the usual suspects...
255 Posts
I bought a 2003 McCarty last year on a whim (price was good and guitar beautiful) as a stand-in for my beloved CS R8 and Oxblood that I was not willing to use on stage in dubious locations for fear of having them stolen or damaged. Not being a huge PRS fan, I've been very surprised to find that I quickly fell in love with this guitar. It is much like a very good vintage Les Paul (I owned a '59 for 30 years). The McCarty is not your typical modern PRS, it is very different ergonomically and truly possessed of an old soul. I just love it. Someone will buy this one and be very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has been my 'Les Paul'. PRS are way more consistent and stay in tune way better without mods. They don't sound the same but I've been ok with that.

·
Premium Member
All the usual suspects...
255 Posts
This has been my 'Les Paul'. PRS are way more consistent and stay in tune way better without mods. They don't sound the same but I've been ok with that.
The McCarty is the most "Les Paul" PRS IMHO. The feel, the balance, the thicker neck, the body depth and the pickups make up for a very satisfactory stand-in for my "real" Pauls. Felt like old shoes to me as soon as I strapped it on, which certainly is not the case with most PRSs. Only quirk is the switch location but you get used to it. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts